Your Ad Could Be Here

Marketing Research Group

Hi Gang

For fun and benefit, I am looking for 5-8 artists who are interested in exploring what can be done by working together for mutual gain. This group is also about gathering , pooling and applying music market intelligence, tolls, tactics and strategies... experimenting and sharing results. It will mean applying things we know works and trying theories for new and original marketing and promotion.

This will also mean looking at your product and brand as a whole, and how you market your music online and in the real world. You must be willing to consider honing your product and brand to increase appeal

I will set up a group to do this, if there is any interest.

Please only apply if you would be interested in give an ongoing commitment to both your music and the group.

Although I am not looking for you to have a budget, be at least willing to consider the prospect of finding a budget in the future.

Partcipation and  collaborative effort are key.

Please also only apply if you are serious about your music and are willing to let me to create articles, reference materials and tutorials based on lessons learned and data gathered, for Songstuff visitors, community members or future subscribers. If we do case studies you will be asked for your permission.

At this stage nothing is set in stone. It is an area I have an interest in and have helped others before. Other than fun, and hopefully helping participants, it helps me keep current and try original ideas that go beyond an individual artist.

You need not be young, or gigging, but ideally with plans for an EP or album, and with a goal of establishing and growing your fan base.

Sound interesting? Fire In a reply, make your case and I will send you a group invite. :)

Note: this is not a product or service, it should be useful, beneficial, but it is more in common with research.

Please consider that anything we do should be thought of as being under an NDA, because I would like to decide what and when information and recommendations are released and ensure they are fit for purpose. I reserve the right to use lessons learned to create free, donation ware, or paid  articles, products or services for the benefit of Songstuff and its community at some future date. Equally we might just keep this project running for our own information and group benefit only.

• Like 4

Okay... just one PM and a couple of likes. Still it needs to be carried out, even if it is just Mahesh and myself, and possibly the member who sent me a PM.

I would have thought that this would ideally suit anyone releasing an EP or album. Go figure! Lol

I hardly ever come here on the weekends. That being said, I came here this weekend.

I'll give it a go, in whatever capacity I can.

Although there is no mention of how time consuming it will be or what "commitment" actually entails. :)

Edited by Just1L
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Just1L said:

I just realized something. When you said "with plans for an EP or album" did you mean:

1: Plans to make one.

or

2: Plans to market the one you already have. 

If you have a real plan to do it, then yep. If it is a vague "at some time maybe", then perhaps it's not ideal. So perhaps it is a good time to change a vague "sometime" into now. 

I do plan on putting together a street team to help with MMRG tasks. The street team would still be learning and trying stuff out, just not on their own projects. So really I guess it comes down to your needs. Both Mahesh and I are recording with the aim of releasing an EP then album. The marketing effort needs to start before the album is ready. There is a lot that needs to prepared, and some tasks start public engagement months beforehand. If you have huge budgets that time can be shorter.

One thing I would say is that I can't promise when we will be recruiting to the group again. It partly depends on group members, and partly depends on whether, having tried it for a while, we feel we need more members. I may start other spin off projects, but I can't promise to.

If you are thinking about it.... there is no time like the present.

In doing this we are making a commitment to ourselves, and to each other... I know you would take it seriously anyway, but I just wanted to put that out there! Lol

26 minutes ago, Sreyashi Mukherjee said:

I would have really liked to be a part of this... but have a long way to go, in terms of even putting a song together.

Till then, I'll learn from you guys :)

Perhaps you could then be part of the street team Sumi?

21 hours ago, john said:

If you have a real plan to do it, then yep. If it is a vague "at some time maybe", then perhaps it's not ideal. So perhaps it is a good time to change a vague "sometime" into now. 

I do plan on putting together a street team to help with MMRG tasks. The street team would still be learning and trying stuff out, just not on their own projects. So really I guess it comes down to your needs. Both Mahesh and I are recording with the aim of releasing an EP then album. The marketing effort needs to start before the album is ready. There is a lot that needs to prepared, and some tasks start public engagement months beforehand. If you have huge budgets that time can be shorter.

One thing I would say is that I can't promise when we will be recruiting to the group again. It partly depends on group members, and partly depends on whether, having tried it for a while, we feel we need more members. I may start other spin off projects, but I can't promise to.

If you are thinking about it.... there is no time like the present.

In doing this we are making a commitment to ourselves, and to each other... I know you would take it seriously anyway, but I just wanted to put that out there! Lol

Well, I do have a real plan to do it but unfortunately the timing of it is very vague. After further contemplation I realize with everything else I have going on I won't be able to put the necessary time needed into it. And I wouldn't want to become a drag on the group so unfortunately I will have to pass. Even though it is something I am interested in and really want to do, it's simply too far down on the "life needs" totem pole right now. Good luck with it. I hope it proves beneficial.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Just1L said:

Well, I do have a real plan to do it but unfortunately the timing of it is very vague. After further contemplation I realize with everything else I have going on I won't be able to put the necessary time needed into it. And I wouldn't want to become a drag on the group so unfortunately I will have to pass. Even though it is something I am interested in and really want to do, it's simply too far down on the "life needs" totem pole right now. Good luck with it. I hope it proves beneficial.

Maybe next time Randy.  Perhaps consider helping with the MMRG street team in the interim? If it fits, great, if not, no worries.