Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi, I'm Kerry

Kerry Parr

I started just writing lyrics about 25 years ago but (out of necessity) have had to sing, learn almost every instrument, teach any willing friend how to play them, along with figuring how to make decent recordings with technology I barely understand (not even sure what to do with the tags in this post). So lyrics and basic song structure is still my primary focus and I think I'm aware of the weak spots in my songs concerning those qualities but I'm often at a loss how to specifically fix it. So if anyone hears a line that's just filler and can offer a better replacement, I'd be eternally grateful. Fyi, I write in whatever style the lyrics lead me to from slow country ballads to punk or wherever it guides me... but it's usually cynical or depressing. I'm not great socially, especially online so apologies if any critiques I make come across as harsh or rude. I'm not out to hurt or discourage anyone, just to relay my honest impression because that's what I need reciprocated.

• Like 2

Hi ya Kerry, great intro. I started to feel like we had a lot in common when you wrote that you let the lyrics lead you. (I do that too. Critics say that songwriters should pick and stick to one genre of music but I just can't! Some lyrics come out hip hop, other slow country ballads) but then you said usually cynical or depressing and that's not like me at all. LOL

I hope you notice that members can fill out their profile to reflect how they like to be critiqued. Not that I'm a baby I just am sensitive to both barrels and like that I can put that on my profile so when I'm critiqued you don't step on my dainty toes. FYI, I like honesty and handle negative critique as well as praise, it is just the delivery that can cause my feathers to be ruffled.

Anyhoo, welcome to Songstuff. Really glad you found us. Now I'll go see if you posted anything depressing...tee hee

• Like 1