Your Ad Could Be Here

No Touching Policy

Just started messing around with music for fun. I've never actually shown anyone a song I've done before but wanted to see what people think of this track. It's just a chorus so far:

I screwed up and came to work high today. So creating this post is my way of looking busy on my computer. So far so food.

Enjoy your day.

Lyrics:
She make that money doing anything she able

if you know what I mean 

I don't mind it when she's grinding on that table

but that's only a tease

she said f*** the No Touching Policyyyyy

she let me do what I please

baby what you doing to me?

Policyyyyyyyy

because I know what you need

baby cause I know what you need (hey)

I agree - so far so food!

If you made all the music from scratch - Great job. If they're loops...still nicely constructed.

Chorus vocals could come up a little bit when you get to the final mix. 

Sounds really promising, and good to listen to. Not sure about the lyric but that's your thing. Finish it off, I reckon it'll come out really good.

• Noob

I like it, the lyrics really fit the mood of the song, I'd consider going with a more monotone (kinda drake-y if that makes sense) hook though. I guess what I'm getting at is for my personal preference you go up and down a little too much but other than that I can't really complain about anything. I think you set yourself up with plenty to work with for the verses, just try not to perfectly fit the stereotype of an I-f*ck-bitches rap song with them.

Edit: I didn't mean more monotone lyrics, just talking about melody.

2 minutes ago, MonoStone said:

I agree - so far so food!

If you made all the music from scratch - Great job. If they're loops...still nicely constructed.

Chorus vocals could come up a little bit when you get to the final mix. 

Thank you, man! That feedback is much appreciated. 

Didn't realize how low the chorus sounded. Great point. I'm thinking I'll just increase the channel volume for the vocals and then add another vocal layer with no filter to reduce the effect I put on my singing. It's a little heavy.

Hopefully I'll be able to post a finished version up here this weekend!

34 minutes ago, justgivingthisashot said:

I like it, the lyrics really fit the mood of the song, I'd consider going with a more monotone (kinda drake-y if that makes sense) hook though. I guess what I'm getting at is for my personal preference you go up and down a little too much but other than that I can't really complain about anything. I think you set yourself up with plenty to work with for the verses, just try not to perfectly fit the stereotype of an I-f*ck-bitches rap song with them.

I love this advice bro! I'm still experimenting a lot with my vocal style. I like your idea of having a more laid back delivery. I think that could work really well with this track for sure. 

The other guy mentioned something about the lyrics too so I'll address it to avoid any misunderstandings (my fault since there's no other lyrics yet to give context). 

I definitely don't plan to create music with a bunch of misogynist type stuff in it (unless it's satirical or humorous in some way lol). I'm a big believer in getting back what you put out in the world. Technically the song is just about me being at a strip club and getting attention from a dancer. I'm basically under her spell because she's allowing me to break the rules and touch her even though her club doesn't allow it. But she's probably really just using me for my money. Basically, she's in control and I'm powerless. Came up with this idea after a coworker of mine told me she secretly dances on the side for extra $. Lol 

• Noob
1 hour ago, Meidach Nate said:

I love this advice bro! I'm still experimenting a lot with my vocal style. I like your idea of having a more laid back delivery. I think that could work really well with this track for sure. 

The other guy mentioned something about the lyrics too so I'll address it to avoid any misunderstandings (my fault since there's no other lyrics yet to give context). 

I definitely don't plan to create music with a bunch of misogynist type stuff in it (unless it's satirical or humorous in some way lol). I'm a big believer in getting back what you put out in the world. Technically the song is just about me being at a strip club and getting attention from a dancer. I'm basically under her spell because she's allowing me to break the rules and touch her even though her club doesn't allow it. But she's probably really just using me for my money. Basically, she's in control and I'm powerless. Came up with this idea after a coworker of mine told me she secretly dances on the side for extra $. Lol 

love it, experimenting is the only way to find your ideal sound. Definetely looking forward to hearing the final result.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds nice. But the line "she said f*** the No Touching Policyyyyy" comes across a little bit weird, might want to change the flow or pronunciation/delivery there a little bit. It's like you're struggling getting that bit in there, while the other parts don't seem so forced. And this line is probably important to get right.

• 3 weeks later...

You have a good voice for it i would say maybe add reverb a bit it sounds a tad dry on the chorus vocals.. make it a bit more dramatic.. but i dig the melody u got going with the voice and the hook overall is pretty good. The beat is dope also. But i hate it when ppl love the beat before myself so i left that until last haha. Keep it up bro

On 1/29/2018 at 6:00 PM, Mudloop said:

Sounds nice. But the line "she said f*** the No Touching Policyyyyy" comes across a little bit weird, might want to change the flow or pronunciation/delivery there a little bit. It's like you're struggling getting that bit in there, while the other parts don't seem so forced. And this line is probably important to get right.

You know, I hadn't noticed that at first but listening back to it, I can sorta hear what you mean. It is a little strained compared to the other parts.

I think I'm going to try to dial it back just a little bit so that it blends with the rest better. Thank you man!

On 2/18/2018 at 3:35 PM, outss said:

You have a good voice for it i would say maybe add reverb a bit it sounds a tad dry on the chorus vocals.. make it a bit more dramatic.. but i dig the melody u got going with the voice and the hook overall is pretty good. The beat is dope also. But i hate it when ppl love the beat before myself so i left that until last haha. Keep it up bro

Lol word man. I hear ya. Yeah I planned to up the vocals a bit (so far many ppl have agreed they're too low) and add some effects. Truth be told all I did so far was double the vocal tracks and add a little bit of echo. But a more focused reverb could add a lot for sure. 

Thanks for the compliments man. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I think it'll turn out to be a pretty neat track when I'm done. 

Archived