Your Ad Could Be Here

No. Thanks to you :-). I love this song. And this version with your unique singing style is great. As usual I would say.  Now I'm gonna open a James Gilmartin fan club here in Italy :-). Keep posting stuff like this!

8 hours ago, nicetalkintoya said:

@robertolabruna You have a generous spirit, Roberto!  Thanks for the positive, supportive energy! :)

it's not generosity....it's envy! :-) I like making music but I need a computer, a sequencer, a quantize function, a correction process, plugins, sound engineers and so on. You only need your guitar and your voice to do amazing stuff. That's not fair!! :-)

"Spread those wings, come on, come on." You really owned it and came up with something more than just another cover of this classic song. Great job, man.

The only thing I found a little off was the little whistle during the transition, it kind of disrupts the mood of the song, IMHO. Also, it immediately makes your cover sound dated(when it's really, not). Maybe if you were to whistle along to the root notes of the chords(with a simple lead in, of course), it wouldn't sound as distracting? I already like the way the whistling sounds, so maybe layering the guitar with it might really work. Who knows? I'm just stating my preference/opinion. :)

Enjoyed,

Ken

@robertolabruna Haha, we all have our tools and do what we can with them.  As long as we keep making music, that's what counts!  But it IS generosity, because there are plenty of people who go out of their way to tear you down in life.  Or, they like what you do, but they won't say it.  So, again, thank you for balancing the scales with positive vibes! :)  

@ImKeN Thanks a lot for checking this one out, Ken!  I'm happy that you like it, overall!  Haha, the whistle was somewhat of a spontaneous thing - I knew I was going to do something that alluded to birds, but wasn't sure exactly how it was going to come out. 

Your ideas about the whistle are interesting (thank you for that).  To be honest, there are some things I might change about this track, but I decided to let it lie, because the good outweighed the not-so-good for me.  I'm partial to capturing guitar and vox on the same track, as if recorded in a live setting (although I don't always do that).  There is something fresh about that approach, and the marriage of guitar and vox is almost always more rhythmically in-sync and pleasing to me (warts and all).  I could definitely re-record the whole song, but I have my sights set on another cover (Black Crowes tune) before tackling another original, and figured I'd just focus my energy there.  Cheers!    

• 2 weeks later...

Archived