Your Ad Could Be Here

This is my rendition of One more Light by Linkin Park.

I study singing and i'm trying to improve my vocals. Hope you guys can give some advice and tips to share. All music is edited by me with protools first,

but i think i will purchase protools Hd 12 because i need more track lines to the project!!

Kind regards.

I think your vocals are pretty good. Your voice definitely has a nice sound.

And it was a good choice for a cover song. Your style perfectly fits the tune.

I don't like too much how the guitar sounds in the first section. 

To my ears everything else is ok. 

Good job. Post more. :)

Hey TH, thanks for posting and giving us a peek into your work  :)

It was a nice listen. So, I'll speak from the singing point of view because that's my main area of interest and it's also a feedback that you've asked for. First of all, great that you're learning singing! So am I! (And honestly, I don't think the learning ever stops  ;)  ). Over the years, I've realized that there are just a few fundamentals (instead of a zillion) that make a good vocal performance:

1) Singing consistently in the right pitch and with minimal effort - Yes, this is what needs immense practice and patience and there's no end to perfecting it. The more aware we are about this point, the more the possibility to improve.

2) Feeling the tempo of the song and making our performance blend with it completely - That's when the audience starts foot-tapping! If you  look back and assess your clip, you may find that there is a certain level of disjointedness between the song tempo and your performance style. Again, awareness is the key..

3) Choosing the correct key for the song - Wrong choices can make us sound either too flat or too strained. We need just the right level of brightness in our voice for the particular song we're performing. To me, it sounds like you've chosen the right key.

4) Connecting at some level with the lyrics - Because ultimately, we're telling a story and trying to make the audience feel a similar emotion to what we're feeling. Here could be the challenge... if we're singing in a language that is not our own, we may not know the real meaning of the song (since this isn't just a case of putting some words in Google Translator and getting a generic translation... imagine how you'd sing an Italian song that's really close to your heart.. you'll get the drift). I think that of the 4 points, this is probably the most challenging for you currently if connecting with your audience is your ultimate aim. However, many people work on "shortcomings" like these and turn into fabulous story tellers. And mind you, I'm not talking about accent and phonetics here - that's  secondary to me (though there's absolutely no harm if someone perfects it!).

Wow.. that was long.. but I hope it was helpful to some extent. I know that while writing, I was getting my own bit of clarity  :)

I think you got some very good feedback above.  I'll just add that in general you have a nice and clear timbre to your voice, which you can't learn.  It's either there or it isn't.  So, that's huge.  It's really tough to sing in a foreign language, so props for putting this song over as well as you have.  I think the more you sing in English, the better you will get at relaxing into the story you are telling.  I also like the effort you put into the video production.  Overall, very nice job!  

Hi to all of you guys, and thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

I have to train my English, and what you said is true: i could feel more comfortable if had a good mastery of english during the performance. And i agree with connecting to the lyrics is the more important and harder aspect of a person while singing. That's what always says to me my singing teacher! Thanks also for the feedback about the video editing! I'm a passionate filmmaker too, so i try to make good quality videos as much as i can. I'm going to share a new topic with a different recent song (it wasn't my best English btw... ), hope to have some feedback too in there!

I'll try to improve :)

Kind regards.

Archived