Your Ad Could Be Here

Tried to produce beats but can't..

I was inspired to make beats on my cpu so I bought all the home studio equipments but then i realized i hate it. I enjoy making melodies and songwriting. Is there any way to make good professional- sounding now?

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2018 at 2:59 AM, Slimdrizzy28 said:

I was inspired to make beats on my cpu so I bought all the home studio equipments but then i realized i hate it. I enjoy making melodies and songwriting. Is there any way to make good professional- sounding now?

I guess to an extent it depends on your purpose/goal as to where you want to get to and how far you would take it. For example, would your intention be to be a professional writer who writes songs for other artists... or to be the artist... or would you be just writing for fun and want some good level recordings to show for it? 

Gone are the days where rough demos were acceptable to the music industry. They want pro quality recordings. It doesn’t mean everyone on the recordings has to be Jimi Hendrix or Adele, but the6 should be competent.

The recording itself has to be a good standard. Well recorded, mixed, produced and in some cases mastered.

Then comes looking at where you are at, what skills and gear you have. Deciding what you do yourself, what you can organise yourself, what you can do by collaboration with partners and what you might have to pay someone else to do.

You have to work out how best to plug the gaps.

It’s pretty easy because it is basically a list of questions. For example:

Can you sing?

Yes. Do you want to sing? Do you need training?

No. Do you want to sing or get someone else to sing?

What is your monthly budget?

What would you be willing / interested to do yourself? Are you willing to learn?

you get the idea. Write down the questions and answers. It will help you make decisions, plus it is very useful when getting advice or looking for people to collaborate with because you can use it as a handy reference, either in part or whole.

Actually, such a list of questions might be a useful thing for Songstuff to put together to help members.

1 hour ago, john said:

I guess to an extent it depends on your purpose/goal as to where you want to get to and how far you would take it. For example, would your intention be to be a professional writer who writes songs for other artists... or to be the artist... or would you be just writing for fun and want some good level recordings to show for it? 

Gone are the days where rough demos were acceptable to the music industry. They want pro quality recordings. It doesn’t mean everyone on the recordings has to be Jimi Hendrix or Adele, but the6 should be competent.

The recording itself has to be a good standard. Well recorded, mixed, produced and in some cases mastered.

Then comes looking at where you are at, what skills and gear you have. Deciding what you do yourself, what you can organise yourself, what you can do by collaboration with partners and what you might have to pay someone else to do.

You have to work out how best to plug the gaps.

It’s pretty easy because it is basically a list of questions. For example:

Can you sing?

Yes. Do you want to sing? Do you need training?

No. Do you want to sing or get someone else to sing?

What is your monthly budget?

What would you be willing / interested to do yourself? Are you willing to learn?

you get the idea. Write down the questions and answers. It will help you make decisions, plus it is very useful when getting advice or looking for people to collaborate with because you can use it as a handy reference, either in part or whole.

Actually, such a list of questions might be a useful thing for Songstuff to put together to help members.

Yeah I'm basically just trying to find my sound in the recording booth (example: right autotune, pitch etc,). I do not enjoy making beats on the computer. I am right now looking for a producer nearby who can produce a good beat for me. 

• 4 months later...
On 3/7/2018 at 5:11 AM, Slimdrizzy28 said:

Yeah I'm basically just trying to find my sound in the recording booth (example: right autotune, pitch etc,). I do not enjoy making beats on the computer. I am right now looking for a producer nearby who can produce a good beat for me.

Make sure that the producer is fully on board with your business plans so you guys don't end up disagreeing and fighting after you've created the songs. Make that very clear from the beginning so there's no confusion, whatsoever.

Best.

Archived