Your Ad Could Be Here

slideshow?

its been a while, I`ve been around

I was just wondering what others thought. Does a slideshow have much of an effect on the listener?

or does it just get in the way of where the listener would go with just the music.

I`ve had some say the show took them in a different way they thought it would just listening to the song.

just trying to get some ideas  how to use the slideshow, and when not to. maybe when its directed at a certain thing?

but not to when its a generic" let the song take you where it will.

I think there is a total difference between a video and a slide show so the impact will be different.

but is there enough difference to "not use the simple slide show?

sometimes its a hard call, I have a song , without a video, and the way its written you all most have to have the video or slide show, I think it helps that much, but thats just me,

thanks to all if you make it here.

Just like any other form of video, it greatly depends. Poor quality images, compiled into a virtual slide show certainly detract for me. Such auto compiles use pretty bad slide transitions, and the transitions are not aligned to the beats and measures and sections of the song. Such vids tend to suggest the creator doesn’t care much for my experience.

On the other hand, a crafted slideshow, edited together using good quality, sympathetically chosen images, with good transitions aligned to beats and measures is a wholly different experience. these videos says the creator cares about the quality of what they create and the users’ experience is Important to them. It is another opportunity for the creator to let their creativity shine.

thanks  for your thoughts John, I have this song i`m putting together, and a slideshow with it. have a few images in it and

lyrics in between the images. I can`t do much about the images they are from artists and history. BUT can I get you to take a look and give me your opinion if the lyric should stay in the slideshow or lose them, maybe add other images..

or maybe lose the slideshow. this is the song I think the show helps..and can I post it here or recommend  the proper board.

its not finished so its raw, and I have a few mistakes I have to change.  [proper history]   thanks again for commenting..Lane

Happy to do what I can to help. Posting a link  here is ideal.

Ok, before I make any comment can you tell me:

• What this is for? Why are you producing it?
  • What do you want to do with it?

It would help me pitch my comments at the right level if I understand your purpose.

just for me, I share songs on writing sites not the music sites like u tube, I use those but its all unlisted.

I have a few songs, and i`m old, they go into a folder for my kids and g-kids.  Still I get them out and drag them around the net to get ideas and help and hints with some songs. I don`t have a song like this, and I like to change things up  I kinda wanted a factual song..that seemed diff to me, so here i am. Years ago this group [Yardbirds] I think had song verses taken from the bible, put it tnto rock in the 70`s I think, I was just a teen, that was so cool to me. [Turn, Turn, Turn.

please understand I `m a guy that writes a little and can play a few chords on a guitar..

the truth is it all goes into a folder...but I want it good enough, song and video to share if i want. people can listen and watch without saying what the "hec?  thats about as far as the songs get. most the songs just cause I like doing them, and it beats scrabble.   thanks so much John.     Cisco

• 1 month later...

I started making videos for my mashups, because it seemed like people just expect them now, but before that I'd done a slideshow for a mashup of Bruno Mars and Morris Day. My mashups usually only get viewing figures in the hundreds, maybe a few thousand, but that one is coming up on 34k. I suspect it was possibly just showing up in more searches because it was Bruno Mars and Uptown Funk but the slideshow certainly didn't stop people watching.

I think having visuals can sometimes detract from the music*,  so a slideshow might help that. Conversely, people maybe expect video and attention spans are shorter on Youtube without moving pictures.

I made a few videos for some old demos which were just the lyrics animated in a way that fitted what they were saying, sort of. So yeah, I'd leave any lyrics in.

* I once spent an evening with A Well-known Musician, whose band didn't make videos. He said when we grew up, the music conjured up images in our minds but video sets the song with one visual. Can anybody listen to Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer without thinking of that video?

Archived