Your Ad Could Be Here

Feedback on my debut Mixtape

abacusmc

Hi all,

I've recently released my debut mixtape, I've been writing for 6 years and releasing individual tracks, but this is the first project I have done.. Just wanted feedback on the actual rapping (including lyrics, flow etc). In terms of production, I'm not particularly interested in feedback, because I am already working on that, but if you could let me know what you'd think it'll be appreciated!

Questions of Life Mixtape: 

Oh yeah and if you like it, feel free to download it for free here: http://www.abacusmc.co.uk/music

Oh also there's music videos for "Why the F**k?", "Cog in the Machine" and "Sent to Win" on my YouTube if you wanna check them: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf9pqWNrkuOK7ilGhrqkjPg?

Edited by abacusmc
forgot a link :)
  • Like 1

nice flow bro! :clapping:

One criticism: it sometimes feels like your rhymes are forced or your words are being used just to make a rhyme.. I think it's important especially in hip-hop/rap to have good flow but also have a melodic flow that comes across organic.

Other than that, very nice mixture of instrumentals and can definitely feel your anger and frustrations thru your lyrics. Keep it up bro! 

20 hours ago, Roymega said:

nice flow bro! :clapping:

One criticism: it sometimes feels like your rhymes are forced or your words are being used just to make a rhyme.. I think it's important especially in hip-hop/rap to have good flow but also have a melodic flow that comes across organic.

Other than that, very nice mixture of instrumentals and can definitely feel your anger and frustrations thru your lyrics. Keep it up bro! 

Much appreciated mate, and I appreciate the criticism as well, and am working on keep it organic.. Some of the tracks generally have a more raw, natural flow,  but I'm aware some of them need a little bit of work!

Cheers for the feedback pal

• Like 1

• Noob

I like the attempt to address major issues in the modern world. It takes a lot of guts to share these opinions publicly, so thumbs up for that. In regards to technique and lyrical prowess, I see room for improvement in regards to your flow. If you can cut down some of those wordy bars and punchlines, we can fill in more room for style and tone. Also, I noticed that internal rhyming schemes aren't being exploited to its full potential, and at times your vocals aren't anchored to the beat (not always the case but I did pick up a few instances).

All in all, I feel that there is a lot of potential here, and you should keep up the work! 🙂 

Your Ad Could Be Here

• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $1,040

Important Information

By continuing to use our site you indicate acceptance of our Terms Of Service: Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy: Privacy Policy, our Community Guidelines: Guidelines and our use of Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.