Your Ad Could Be Here

Do You Also Feel This Way...?

I've only just begun working with FL Studio. I compose songs on the piano and, oh, I sing (or try to).

In College, I studied Architecture and then dropped midway through to go study Graphic Design. And now here I am, in my fourth year in college, studying graphic design, with two or three more years to go. However, here I am, filled with ideas and anxieties, all waiting to be translated into music. I also write a little – sometimes poetry, other times anything that comes to mind.

Everyday I go to College, my butt is on a chair and I am having to work, but my mind is, well...everywhere else. Everything I observe seems to have some seed of inspiration, like an essence. And oftentimes some idea is solved in my mind and I have to do somethingh about it immediately. And the frustrations I feel beg me to play the piano. What do you guys do when you are somewhere, working or studying, but your mind is urging you to create something new or work on other ideas that you already had?

I am studying Graphic Design pretty much just to get a diploma and have some chance of surviving in the future. But everything I care about is music and I've only just realized that (oops). Oh, i'm 22 years old. Or is it 23? I think I am stopping counting, lol...

Nice to meet you Pyiet,

On 6/5/2018 at 12:24 PM, Pyiet said:

What do you guys do when you are somewhere, working or studying, but your mind is urging you to create something new or work on other ideas that you already had?

Hahahaha, yeah.  When you figure that out let me know!  😂 Good luck with everything!!! 

Change your career path. It happens all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Noob

You are always interested in arts as far as I can tell. There is nothing wrong with doing various types of arts. Why not try and combine them together? 

Pm me if you wanna talk about it more. I also exercise more than one art form

Nice @robash

• 1 month later...

If your mind is urging you to do it, then do it. Or at the very least jot down as much as you can.

• 7 months later...
  • Noob

I'd recommend keeping the Graphic Design study thing and do music in spare time. Maybe you could have some piano courses and/or go to college where you study music after getting diploma in Graphic Design? You seem like a very artistic person.

• 2 months later...

Take it from an old person......2 to 4 years is a blink of an eye.  Focus more on school first. Force music to be your hobby, for now.  Get your degree out of the way.  It will build the basis for many opportunities in your life.  Maybe music, maybe not, but focus on your education first and foremost.  Trust me, this is good advice. I promise 2 years will fly by.  Be disciplined, and focus.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

From another old person. You're going to need money to live. You going to need the day job in order to have the music career.

Hardly anyone can support themselves from music. Just the truth. Graphic design sounds like a really flexible career path.

You will still have a full creative life as an artist. You can do both..unfortunately you gotta  do both.

You can do it. Please don't shoot yourself in the foot and do it the hard way like I did and many others. Get that graphic design degree and then you will have options. Then you will have the power to control the course of your life to a larger degree, isn't that what we all want in the end?

Archived