Your Ad Could Be Here

I Have a Question about finding other musicians

• Noob

Hi, I have been singing alone for years. I am 44.  I can't get it out of my head that I want to make an album independently, but I have zero money, no music arrangement, and I don't know who to hook up with. I have never sang in public. I have trained myself singing Acapello, and sometimes record myself, but I am only interested in covers, and those cost money. 

I would love help or advice on how to find people for free to work with? Maybe we can raise money somehow for an album? So, I am seeking partners. I realize I sound very uneducated about it, and some of you might be rolling your eyes.

I sing jazz, ballads mostly. Musical inspiration comes from Diana Krall, Birdy, even BTS even though it's in another language.

Thank you for reading! Hope to hear from someone if possible.

Hi Jen, I'm a little confused about what it is you'd like to do.  Are you only interested in covering other people's songs or do you have your own material that you want to work on?  Maybe you could record yourself acapella and post it so we can hear you?  

It's definitely a good idea to post examples, but I think you have to make a minimum of 10 posts before you can post to critique boards.  Perhaps listen to some of the posts on the Song Critique or Covers and Remixes boards and give your opinions/suggestions. 

• 4 weeks later...

Good idea to give a helping hand.

I've been involved in projects with serveral musicians - someone add the funky bass, someone else other tracks and finally song.

If the tracks are saved in a good way it's easy to do remixes later.

The hardest job - I guess - is to find the right musicians.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Anthony Shields said:

I write songs and like singing, don’t really know how talented I am but I would definitely like to meet others and group together to make something. Any ideas?

Hi Anthony, 

There's alot of people and information on the site. Share your music, ideas about your music, ask questions that you have, and engage with others on theirs. Practice and practice more. 

:)

Peggy

Archived