Your Ad Could Be Here

Is the sound too outdated?

• Noob

Hey, guys) 

I recorded this song 10 years ago, but I want to use it in my new album. Is the sound too outdated? Your opinion? Have a nice weekend!

Sorry - I can't really offer an opinion of any value on the question of how dated it sounds - I can remember listening to Santana Moonflower soon after it came out and being surprised it was a newish album - it sounded dated to me then. The music and the video just don't go together at all for me - the rhythms and the movement in the film just don't sync with the rhythm and atmosphere of the music imho.

Don't just go off my one opinion - it's a shame you didn't get a bit more feedback from other people on this - the track gets more fluid and varied/adventurous as it nears the end - it's not a bad piece of music at all - how does it fit in with the rest of the album you have in mind? What does dated mean to you anyway - I listen to tracks from the 80's and as I had/have had both the Roland D50 and Yamaha DX7 synths I recognize their sounds on a lot of tracks from that time so that dates things for me - what's the real difference between "retro" and "dated"?

I'd have to listen/hear a couple of the other tracks you plan putting on the album. I don't really think anything is too outdated because there is always a group of people you can find that like that particular style/feel of music. The only way I could see it being outdated would be when compared to the other songs on the album. And even then, if it did, it just depends on what you are going for with the album. 

It's definitely the kind of jazz I love! Thinking of Sade, Ronny Jordan, softjazz.com some years ago. 

There are much music today taking inspiration from the sound 10 years ago.

I don't think it's outdated - use it for your album.

But forget to tells us when the album is released :) 

"Tap, tap, tap ... dude, I'm groovin'!"  

You seriously want me to believe that you've sat ten years on this?  Quite frankly, I don't believe you.

Archived