Your Ad Could Be Here

Gig tonight

I have a gig tonight. I'll be leaving in 90 minutes time.

Looking forward to it but parking could be a mare. Family coming and hopefully some friends too. Though the weather is nasty outside. I wont blame anyone for staying home. The amp is already in the amp in the car. Just a couple of bags, mic stand and the guitar to load. I've showered, clothes are laid out ready, fingernails filed. Beer in in fridge for when I get back.

Set up the guitar two days ago. Re-stringed yesterday and all played in. I wonder now many more years can this band continue? I don't know, so I'll just enjoy it now while I can.

:luxhello:  [smiley=drums.gif]:acoustic:[smiley=vocals.gif]:note::pianoplay3::rockon::taz:

Have a good gig my friend! Are you playing any originals or is it a covers band?

All covers John. I tried to get originals in 16 years ago but I was shouting into the wind.

We do :

Brown Eyed Girl, Move On Up, Mama Told Me Not To Come, Leave Your Hat On, Cold Sweat, Dreaming Of You, One Step Beyond, Jackie Wilson Said, and many others...

Bet this was fun...hope the weather wasn't too much of a bummer.

Leave Your Hat On!! Love it!! one of my Meryl Saunders favorites! Wish I could of heard you guys play it.

:)

Peggy 

On 11/11/2018 at 2:58 PM, Peggy said:

Bet this was fun...hope the weather wasn't too much of a bummer.

Leave Your Hat On!! Love it!! one of my Meryl Saunders favorites! Wish I could of heard you guys play it.

:)

Peggy 

I had equipment probs 1st set, but 2nd set was just fine.

Here is a snippet of Leave Your Hat On from a few months back...

Really enjoying listening to it! Thanks for sharing Rudi 🧐

How did it all go Rudi?

On 11/14/2018 at 8:06 PM, Peggy said:

Hi Rudi,  thanks for the video clip..gives me that groovin' feeling ... fun to hear you all! :)

Your very kind. Thanks

22 hours ago, starise said:

How did it all go Rudi?

All went fine.

My son & his fiance came. My ex and her husband came. My aunt & uncle came. My friends Mel & Mike came.

I am sure Mel & Mike experienced culture shock. Not from the band, but from the pub which was extremely raucous. I stashed them off into an alcove at the side of the band. They stayed for the 1st set only.

People were dancing as best they could, but the bars were very packed. A drunk fell at my feet disconnecting my guitar from the signal processor. So I had to reconnect mid song. I rescued my mic which would have toppled also.

My sound and volume were 'wrong' (aforementioned equipment probs) for 1st set. Somehow it came good for 2nd set. Before we commenced the 2nd set, another drunk had commandeered my mic and was using it to amplify his incoherent ramblings. Once I had wrested from him, we began a very much better 2nd set.

I didnt get many solos because the Baritone sax was calling the songs for his friend who was celebrating her 40th birthday.

We finished with a highly changed 'Hey Ya' using a fair bit of improvisation and energy. Everyone I spoke to enjoyed themselves, so that is mission accomplished AFAIAC.

We played 10 minutes over time, and would have played more encores but weren't allowed to (local regs).

Next gig is in one weeks time at Ben & Beth's engagement party. I will be calling songs so will give myself a few solos. Our bassist will be absent so a friend will be standing in for him. He will be just fine; -very good probably. :)

On 11/10/2018 at 9:41 AM, Rudi said:

I have a gig tonight. I'll be leaving in 90 minutes time.

Looking forward to it but parking could be a mare. Family coming and hopefully some friends too. Though the weather is nasty outside. I wont blame anyone for staying home. The amp is already in the amp in the car. Just a couple of bags, mic stand and the guitar to load. I've showered, clothes are laid out ready, fingernails filed. Beer in in fridge for when I get back.

Set up the guitar two days ago. Re-stringed yesterday and all played in. I wonder now many more years can this band continue? I don't know, so I'll just enjoy it now while I can.

:luxhello:  [smiley=drums.gif]:acoustic:[smiley=vocals.gif]:note::pianoplay3::rockon::taz:

Good luck with your gig tonight! I'm sure it'll be an awesome show and all your friends and family will be there. Keep rockin' with this band for today! You never know what'll happen tomorrow so you might as well take advantage of the day. You've got this! 😎👍

Seems like a successful gig. Glad it went well for you.Seems it was a nice assortment of family and friends. My ex only shows up when we meet at birthday parties. Even then it's a very uncomfortable situation. I won't go there here.

Glad yours was nice enough to attend.

I helped get a band set up on Sunday and it reminded me of what's involved. I guess I don't miss any of that. In our case they were only using two channels of an XR18 . The rest was their amp, gear and so forth. 

Oh yes, the drunks. I'm glad he didn't puke on you.

The fact the everyone enjoyed themselves says it all. A success. Reason enough to do it again! Glad all went well.

49 minutes ago, starise said:

I helped get a band set up on Sunday and it reminded me of what's involved. I guess I don't miss any of that. In our case they were only using two channels of an XR18 . The rest was their amp, gear and so forth. 

Oh the downsides are a constant. Moving gear from vehicles into venues, setting up, breaking down etc. No one likes that, though my son did carry my heaviest gear back to the car. He packed it surprisingly well too. 

• 5 weeks later...

Any more gigs? I'm guessing the holiday might be keeping you busy. How's retirement going?

Whats a gig without drunks? lol We had one gal try to sing to my first song (we do originals)..loud and obnoxious, fortunately her boyfriend or drunk that wanted to picker up scrammed her to the back of the bar. 🤪 I should have bought him a beer later.lol

Yeah, getting some folks to do originals is a tough call. I only just got one band together 2 years ago and lost a bass player and guitar player this year.

Archived