Your Ad Could Be Here

Songs used as mobile phone ring tones

Generally I've always been content with simple standard, as supplied, electronic bleeps and thought the use of actual songs to be quite crass tbh. I wondered what songs people were choosing as ringtones on their phones - maybe there is something that works well.

I put Kraftwerk - Radioactivity as mine for a while but my wife hates it.

I quite liked Flatlands by Aristocrats but she doesn't like that either.

So I'm back to some standard bleeps.

Leomonstar my phone comes with some interesting instrumentals that I like. One is wind chimes an other is a disco beat. My current one is a pleasant piano piece. Not as detailed as The Aristocrats but has that vibe.

I find the regular bleeps kinda boring.

zzzzzzz I mention I'm tired too.

😉

Within two hours of buying my iPhone (uhh, an iPhone-5 that cost me all of $125 ... "sorry, Tim-C!") I'd layered-together a couple of simple "loops" in Logic Proand thereby arrived at a sound which I knew would be found on nobody else's phone.  (Which has since proved to be very convenient, because it means that I can ignore every "stock" sound I hear.  No, it isn't great, but it's different, and so far I've never yet bothered to change it.)

I have since experimented with a few more sounds ... "what's the worst sound ... maybe the most absurd or ridiculous sound ... to 'wake you up in the morning,'" which you would never want to actually hear, had you not invented it?  Oh, it's fun.  ... "all bets are off, anyway, at much-too-early in the morning" ... 😃

Back when "phone sounds" were much simpler, legend has it that someone invented a Whoopee Cushion (or, something like it) that would produce cell-phone ring tone sounds.  I guess the joke was to watch everyone scrambling for their phone . . . 

18 hours ago, Steve said:

I use one of my own songs as a ring tone! Because I work with other people around, I could never tell whos phone was going off! I can now. :)

Now that's smart!

Interesting timing for this post. I'm currently working on some snippets of my songs to make available for others on my website. Not done yet though.

Archived