Your Ad Could Be Here

Typing or writing?

Hi AV,

I'll write on anything and then will generally add to my notes on my phone and upload to the desktop when ready... on my phone is mostly where I finish up the writing but it can start anywhere. The desktop is always my safety net, final, and for printing etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a ritual of sorts I follow when writing. I have a beautiful custom made wood clipboard and I use light blue lined graph paper with it. The only pen I’ll use is a Paper Mate Inkgel. The graph paper makes it easy to visually grasp the syllable count and line length as I write. If either the clipboard or Paper Mate pen disappeared, I wouldn’t be able to write until they were found. After the song has firmly been established in my conscious mind, I sing it over and over to myself a few days and figure out any editing needed. I then go to the computer to type it up and print out for the next jam. By now I have the melody firmly in my mind and finding it on the guitar is relatively painless. 

I only type on the desktop.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived