Your Ad Could Be Here

Let me know what you guys think of my Vocals

Intro vocals need to be turned up, flow is on point, sick beat! Nice work

There's no variation in any aspect of the vocal delivery for each line - they all sound exactly the same so you could take any line in isolation and not know which part of the song it was from so there is no landscaping, as it were; the human voice is capable of a wide range of timbres, of displaying an incredible range of emotions and timbres - soft and whispery, staccato, strained, more fluid and flowing, you can inject a growl or a gruffness, emphasize certain types of syllables - vowels, consonants - or the start of words or the way they end or even the pauses between them. I think a good songwriter intuitively as well as consciously chooses words that allow the singer to utilise or at least explore this range of possibilities in the delivery. Writing words that look good on paper just isn't enough imho - you have to remember you are writing, in effect, scoring for, the human voice as an instrument and so this is why the choice of words is so important - the use of assonance, consonance, sibilance, alliteration, internal rhymes, etc is important. In short I just didn't think there was enough expression in the vocals and sure -you could say it's part of the style in rap but I think good rappers do use their voices to convey an emotional message too. Personally I think simple end-rhyming can be tedious and predictable - often it's used at the expense of the narrative.

Archived