Your Ad Could Be Here

**THREAD CLOSED** Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm closing this thread now.

Hi all, this is an instrumental idea that I'm working on. The production is still kind of sloppy in certain areas but the main idea is there. Let me know what you think of the style and overall vibe of the track?

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Edited by ImKeN

On 2/26/2019 at 10:13 AM, lemonstar said:

I enjoyed the listen. If anything I craved a lot more brass - I'd be happy to hear a trumpeter spray some graffiti jazz all over this track.

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it. -Ken

1 hour ago, Roymega said:

Good shit man, I feel like some of the synths are a little dull and amateur sounding, but the overall vibe is pretty dope! What VST do you use for your synths?

Yeah, I'm still working on some of the synths' timings and such but I'm pretty happy with the sounds I have so far(Serum). That said, I am new to the modern hip hop genre so I'm sure I haven't fully developed an ear for this style, yet. I appreciate the critique! -Ken

Edited by ImKeN

4 minutes ago, ImKeN said:

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it. -Ken

Yeah, I'm still working on some of the synths' timings and such but I'm pretty happy with the sounds I have so far(Serum). That said, I am new to the modern hip hop genre so I'm sure I haven't fully developed an ear for this style, yet. I appreciate the critique! -Ken

You're very welcome; I apologize if it came off as harsh or mean, I suppose "dull and amateur sounding" aren't very descriptive LOL.. Maybe digital or processed are better words.. That being said, you could import some wavetables from analog synthesizers into Serum for a warmer sound. You could add a comb filter or a unison stack as well for even more depth.

Keep at it my man!

Your Ad Could Be Here

• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $1,040

Important Information

By continuing to use our site you indicate acceptance of our Terms Of Service: Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy: Privacy Policy, our Community Guidelines: Guidelines and our use of Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.