Your Ad Could Be Here

Who I Am

My name is Christian Jones. I’m an artist as well as a learning songwriter.

I started writing songs in college when I got into rapping and after getting help from a college friend I started to develop my own rap lyrics and soon started to make lyrics for singing. When I write I always put down what I’m feeling or thinking, all the raw emotion going on in my head and then I develop it into a song or a rap and stuff I like to write about is things I’ve been feeling whether it’s about something or someone. It’s expressing myself in a way I just can’t do verbally and getting my emotions out.

It’s the same with drawing and story writing. I base them off my life and express myself in a way I can’t do verbally and reason why is because I’ve been shut down a lot for speaking out on something and so that’s why I just either write in a story or song or even draw it out in a way to get people’s attention and have them see what I’m expressing in my work.

With this I want to express myself more and show to people what I’ve kept under wraps and I’m glad that a community like this exists. Thank you so much and I hope you will get a kick of what I have in store.

• Like 1

Welcome to Songstuf @Christian Jones!

Putting down your feelings and experiences in a song when you can't really express them with normal words is a nice motivation to make music, and it not only helps you to get it out, but also might help to other people, experiencing the same, to feel less lonely and better understood.

I hope you enjoy the interactions with other members here in the forum. It's great to have you around!

If you want to share your lyrics and receive feedback, I would suggest you to use the Lyrics Critique board. For posting there you need a total of 3 posts in the forum, and have given feedback to 2 more people posting in that board (1 intro post + 2 critiques is the idea before the first post! ^^ ) .  Alternatively, we also have a Hip Hop club, where you can also post your lyrics and music to share with others (Yard Getty).

If you have any question don't hesitate to ask! See you on the boards!