Your Ad Could Be Here

hey, i'm astronun.

happy 2020 to every artist out there. i'm new to this, but wanted to speak to some who may need to hear it. this is for you.

its crazy to believe that over 8 years ago i searched the internet for some way to create music on a computer, and after countless hours, sleepless nights, and numerous melodies i stumbled upon what very soon became my greatest hobby.

i've always had trouble creating music because either it didn't compare to what all of the mainstream artists were putting out or because i was my own worst critique. i struggled to find that "sound" that got the big names to where they are today, and i hated that. i wanted to be noticed. didn't my music deserve recognition?

this past year has been huge for me for many reasons. for starters, i began finally singing in my music, which soon became the primary instrument in all the music i now produce. i've always sang in performances, church, shower, etc., but to put it out for the entire internet to hear? that was a huge step. i also noticed how my numbers generally began growing on spotify, apple music, etc., but somehow i wasn't satisfied.

here's the biggest thing i've learned; we will never be satisfied if we measure our work up to the worlds' standards. period. in a musical context, i will never be good enough because i'm not as good as "_____" or because i'm not seeing the same numbers as "_____" or my social media doesn't look as good as "_____". we climb up the ladder and we continue to look upwards, upset at how far we have to go without looking down and realizing the bit that we've climbed.

i'm proud of the little numbers i've made in 2019. i'm proud of the music that i produce and write and get stuck in my head. i'm proud that my own music is my #1 most listened to artist on spotify. i'm proud of how i work hard to market my own music. and i'm proud to continue on what i love so much in 2020.

i hope this speaks to some, if any, of you. celebrate the small victories. love your work because you made it. use others to sharpen your talent, not to create it for you. 

here's a toast to 2020 and all the victories that lie ahead for all artists out there.

God bless.

-astronun

Hey Astronun, welcome to the Songstuff family!  What a nice intro! :)

Hopefully Songstuff can help you and become a welcome part of your journey. :)

• Editors

Great intro! Thanks for sharing that with us and welcome to the Songstuff family. :)

Here's to more music and merry times!

Hi Astronun,

Welcome to Songstuff and thanks for sharing that warm 2020 message. 

That's great your singing on your songs, now.  The church and shower.. that's where I think i sound the best and 2 of my favorite places to sing ..  haha 

Looking forward to hearing some of your music.  Helpful members around our critique boards. We also have Marketing and Promotion Club, Vocal Club, challenges, social networks account sharing, etc.  around the boards. Let me know if you'd be interested and I'll point you there if you need help finding.

:)

Peggy

• Noob

welcome bro looking forward to seeing more from you! I also understand how it feels being new and a small time artist. Keep pushing you'll make it one day!

Howdy Astronun,

Welcome!  Just curious,  how did you get the name? Is it a modern version of the flying nun, just in outer space?

Archived