Your Ad Could Be Here

Professional Photographs

Professional Photographers  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of photographers have you used for your press kits/websites etc? (Check all that apply)

• Myself
    • Friend with no skills
    • Amateur photographer
    • Photography Student
    • Professional (not a music photographer)
    • Professional Music Photographer
  2. 2. Would you consider hiring a professional music photographer in the future?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

photographer.jpg

Hi Gang

I am just writing a new guide for artists about using professional photographs and I thought I would ask if any of you have had any experience with working with a pro music photographer? A moonlighting wedding photographer doesn't count!

I see a load of artist photos, but very few that I would suspect are professional. Most are, I would guess, taken by a friend... often with a phone! That might work for general social media posts, but there are major limitations. Good photos make a hell of a difference for press kits particularly.

What would be really cool would be if you could also post up an example photo you currently use and whether it was taken by a professional or not, though I would imagine that for most photos, most members could tell the difference!

Cheers

John

John, this is interesting. I have seem some professional photos and now that you mention it, some that were not! LOL

I see your point though and will remember if I ever need a photo not to skimp on it.

thanks as always!
Lisa

Hi John,

Tried to add a couple of pics but it cut off my head both times.

The one you see on my profile was done by a pro, not music photographer.

2 hours ago, John W Selleck said:

Hi John,

Tried to add a couple of pics but it cut off my head both times.

The one you see on my profile was done by a pro, not music photographer.

even when the pic is clicked? I think in-post display will limit size, but once it is clicked on it should show you, head and all lol

5 hours ago, john said:

even when the pic is clicked? I think in-post display will limit size, but once it is clicked on it should show you, head and all lol

I'll give it a go. First is a pro second a camera pic. It gave me my head back LOL!. and easy to see the difference.

King Me.jpg

Karaoke Me.jpg

• Editors

Here's something from the EP launch gig I did for Accept. :)

DSC_4214.JPG

Archived