Your Ad Could Be Here

2020 Goals?

• Editors

Hi y'all, I hope you're well.

Since we've had a lot of new members come in recently and the community is getting more diverse, I wanted to find out where all of y'all are at. How's the music thing going? And what are your plans for this year?

I'm currently on a break from gigs. After over 5 years of hustle without ever a formal vacation, the line of separation between work and play was lost. I really lost it towards the end of last year and decided to hold it and focus a bit on teaching. I do plan to record some acoustic EPs over the year. Want to get some of those old songs out so that fresh ideas and directions can take priority. Work with Songstuff and RC7 Records has really taken the front seat with this year. We have a lot of exciting content planned for helping musicians and creating something bigger with this beautiful place! Besides that, I've got a few collaboration tracks planned with a few talented artists here in India.

I know it's farfetched but it would be great to do a solo tour across Europe. I remember pondering about this out loud almost a decade ago when I joined this community. Many of you offered a couch for me to stay if ever that were to happen. :DYou know, I never thought last year's South-East Asia tour would come so soon but it did. So I'll keep my fingers crossed and eyes wide open for such an opportunity. :)

What about you?

6 hours ago, Mahesh said:

What about you?

It sounds like you have been very busy, and that's a good thing. Right now I'm in a holding pattern but I will be moving to the Philippines in early July and I want to look for a church with a big choir and see if i can get them interested in doing some of my Christian songs. Country music is also very big there and i may try getting a country band together to start doing some of my country stuff. I also want to find a small studio over there and start laying down some vocals on some I have already planned out. I am also trying to get into some music libraries.  It may not all come together but that is the plan.

PS While your touring EU, maybe you can fit in that X-Factor or The Voice UK I suggested?

Hey

Me? Plans? Oh okay...

As myself I hope to release an EP. I have about 30 tracks to choose from that I think are most suitable for the style I am going for.

As Deep Red Sea I plan to release a couple of stand alone singles and an EP. I have a few complete songs that suit the style, though for that style I like recording and writing at the same time and I am happy relying upon myself to come up with good tracks at the time.

Also as myself as a writer, I have a few tracks I plan to pitch at the artist market and a few I plan to record purely to pitch to music supervisors etc to go for.

I also plan to do a few writing collabs and a couple of remixes.

Finding time will be a big challenge. Time to do my tracks as myself should be easier. Same goes for the pitches. Deep Red Sea will be more time consuming as they are more involved productions. That said I would still estimate 2-4 days per song.

When comes down to time demands of other stuff like Songstuff. I am determined to make more time for my music than last year, so we’ll see!

Cheers

John

first   thing  i  want   to   do  is   write  a  good   song   for   the   hit  song  challenge    i  have   a  good  team  together  for  this  and  this   will   be   my  first   song  out  there for   people   to  listen  to   after   42   years  of   composing  as  a  hobby    i  have  also put  lyrics to  others  composers  music   and    this  is  something  i want  to do  more  this   year  

Archived