Your Ad Could Be Here

Self-Isolation Music Projects

Hey gang

Ok, so here you are stuck, you and your music gear all alone with nothing but time to kill. Now you could just do the same old, same old, but now could be the ideal time to strike out and do that unusual, challenging project idea. Make music using samples of sounds made with only your body.... slaps, flicks, pops, moans, squelches etc. How about recording a song where everything is recorded in your bath? How about writing a song using only five letter words? Or a song about squirrels?

Tell us your weird idea. The weirder the better! Bonus points if you actually complete your weird idea by making it happen. Write that song. Record that song!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

John should we post the songs as replies to your post?

I have a verse or maybe the chorus created with types of businesses closed due to the virus.

I'd be interested in a Chinese-Telephone (hope that doesn't come off as offensive) song collaboration. I.e. somebody lays down a track, then the next person adds something, then the next, and so on until new sections are needed and the process continues. It'll probably end up being an absolute mess, but could prove to be exciting and fun. 

Good idea. We will be announcing more challenges each Monday. :)

• 2 months later...

squirrels..........natures crackhead! 

will probably do something with that :) 

• john unpinned this topic