Your Ad Could Be Here

Picking a Playlist (noobie needs some input please)

I like all kinds of music so I've always just listened to whatever was on the radio, my record player, my cd player etc.

BUT what is this new option called a Playlist?!! Could it be that I could find a mood Playlist? or favorite show tune Playlist? or heck! Just my favorite artist Playlist?! OR could I make my own?

HELP ME!!!

Do you have a Playlist (or more?)

Where does your Playlist come from? (I see them on Soundcloud but where else? Where's the best?)

Do you listen to already compiled Playlists or do you make your own?

I'd like to go comfortably into this new world of Playlists...any help appreciated! Post responses here or PM me if you'd like.

Best,

Lisa

Playlist is just a modern digital mixtape. All of the above... though some are better than others for artists, some are easier than others for connecting with fans.

Running playlists can be fun and personal but there are strategies and tactics involved especially if you are an artist or writer looking to eventually connect with fans.

This is interesting John. So a Playlist can just be for fun and/OR we can utilize it within our own music business plan...

Wrapping my head around all this. Maybe time to make a new Music Business Plan!

But still would love some input on where members are finding cool playlists.

I have many playlists on my I-pod 

some sad - some fun others that make me dance round the room . then there is the heavy metal that is well we all know what that's for right 

country pretty much best for sad songs 

sixties have lots of fun songs - Judy in disguise one I sing ( if you can call it that ) to

sometimes classical just to relax and read to 

but as I like pretty much every type of music usually on shuffle then whatever comes on is fine

john

@scotsman89 John that's how I think I'm going to be: many playlists with different genres!

Do you create them? Where do you get the songs from?

Lisa 

already on my I pod when I hear something I like ( over seven thousand songs on it so some I have not heard for a while ) I put them on a play list there are 14 different ones on there some with four - five songs . some with 12-14 . I do have the old I pod  the 120 gb one should take about 30,000 songs 

john

Archived