Your Ad Could Be Here

Where to get the best Playlists?

Hey members! There are playlists everywhere and I'd like to know where your favorite playlist is?

Whats your honest opinion about Soundcloud or Youtube playlists? This is all  new to me and I can see there are more reasons than just having a bunch of my favorite songs all together.

Your help appreciated.

Lisa

I would add Spotify in there... it's one of the main playlist platforms.

It's good to know the playlists that people listen to, and obviously the list owners that artists would target if they were releasing a track. I know I am always looking for new artists to listen to.

5 hours ago, john said:

obviously the list owners that artists would target if they were releasing a track

oh that's a good point @john Always should be thinking of business related opportunity.

thanks!

• I may be one of the few now - but I don't have   Spotify   Amazon  I tunes ( have I pod but not the I tunes music whatever ) or any music streaming service - pretty much listen to cd's or tapes for my music . when I  listen to radio there is hardly anything that grabs me . when a song or band -artist comes on that I think  that sounds ok  go on you tube see what else they do and if   I like what I hear then buy the cd or a couple of cd's put them on to my i pod '   so much music is just blah  blah  blah  now _ personal opinion .

John, you're right there's nothing on the radio. I listened to SiruisXM when I can get it cheap (or free) and I find all kinds of new music and artists. What is wrong with radio now a days? UGH!

You are so good to buy the music. I rarely do. I did buy a vinyl record at the one concert I've been to in oh 15 years... Ruston Kelly. His voice moves me. and his lyrics are words I wish I had said.

I watched a documentary on Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys. Holy Cow! What a life! What a talent! It inspired me so much I started singing a really cool lyric and melody. I grabbed my recorder and tried my best to repeat it. I got almost everything.  Wow I haven't created lyrics and a melody at the same time since i was much younger.

• Editors

Spotify has indeed been a very prominent part of my music listening and music discovery habits lately.

Due to the algorithms that it has in place, Spotify is really good at recognizing one's tastes in music based on the "hearts" and "skips" that you'd have input while using the service. And speaking of playlists, every week, Spotify generates something called "Discover Weekly" which would be a custom playlist made for you based on your personal preferences. I discover a lot of new music this way.

With Youtube, I do enjoy the suggestions that pop up every now and then with interesting mixtapes and playlists. But it definitely has been more relevant in discovering a lot of live performances and concert videos. (which is a joy of its own!)

• Noob

Personally, I prefer Spotify more. The only competitor to Spotify is Apple Music, but Spotify recommendations are more versatile and algorithms work much better,  at least from my experience. As Mahesh already mentioned, "Discover weekly" is awesome. It helped me to find lots of musicians I've never heard before, and I really like this function. 
Another reason is pretty basic - their app use less data. 

On the other hand, SoundCloud is great if you're looking for indi-musicians, mixes and electronics since they have a different copyright policy. 

Thanks @Mahesh and @jessnoir I'll be checking out Spotify. I think I have a log in that I haven't used in a couple years...

Do either of you have a favorite artist or band I should check out? I'm dying for new music!

Thanks!

Lisa 

thing is about playlists PO . do you know what you want to listen to ? as I say with so many songs on my I pod some I have not heard in months and years . so when I hear one that I think oh yeh I liked this , so put it on play list . so here is what I suggest , go on you tube . put in a random name say Hank > then a few Hanks will come up Williams  Snow > well more Hank Williams then any other . or put in country music from 70s  > best number three songs ever . and you will probably hear a lot of stuff you have never heard . write down the ones you like then put them on Playlist . sure you will have songs on there you never thought you would listen to

cool idea John! Hank...😉 I know what you've been reading. 🤠

Archived