Your Ad Could Be Here

What is the best Guitar brand?

Hi Guys, 

I have been searching for a decent electric guitar online but I can't seem to find one that's suitable for my budget which is between £400 to £1000. 

Could I  receive some help please? 

Really, it's hard to say because so much comes down to taste. Yes there is the aesthetic "how does it to look?", the hard to factor "how does it play?", but a huge part of the decision comes down to how it sounds... If you want to sound like an existing artist then using similar gear is a start. If you want to sound like Dave Gilmour from Floyd, then a Fender strat would be the go to. Jimi Hendrix? Strat again. Jimmy Page or Paul Kossov? A Gibson Les Paul. You get the idea. the sound comes from many factors including body shape and materials, the pick up type, placement and configuration.

Another large part is other features like needing a tremolo arm, a locking trem system etc

So what are you looking for? What have you considered?

Yeah as stated, that's about the right price range to really find anything you want.  If no clue where to start, what sound/style I'd recommend, an acoustic/a les paul copy/a strat/tele copy, Chinese copies, you could get all 3 for under your 1000 limit :) .  Shop around a bit, you can find places with several month no return shippins costs returns/refunds if you can't get to a music store to play around and narrow down your selection first ;)  and Guitars(in most cases, not all,  don't instantly drop massively in value when they "leave the lot" like cars do)

Well, as I recall, "Bo Diddley" couldn't afford his first guitar – so he made one out of a square box.  (Half a century later, he would become a much-sought-after luthier ...)

Quite frankly:  "the instrument doesn't matter."  Buy it, and "play it until your fingers bleed."  Because:  the thing that your audience comes for will never be your wooden box.  It will always and forever be: "you."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived