Your Ad Could Be Here

I’ll Get To It Yet...

Hi

Ok... I guess each person’s list can change, with odd tasks being completed, and new ones being added in a kinda bucket list....

If you are like me, you will have an ongoing list of things you keep meaning to do, but never quite get around to, skills I keep meaning to learn.... I thought it might make an interesting topic. Especially if they are super secret... or at least the kind of thing you do in the shower or sitting in the car on your own!

You might only have one thing, or it might be read like a book.... it’s time to share with the world! Mwuahahahaha!

So two skills make my list, born from curiosity more than anything:

1. Rapping (especially freestyle)
  2. Beatboxing

I don’t see me using the skills much. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve tried the odd bit of Eminem, or a few bars of “Boot ‘n’ Cats”, or sat making apparently random farty sounds with my mouth.... lol but I never seriously apply myself to learn.

I know my list is longer than that if I gave it some thought... so I will post some more.

I suggest that updates are new posts, but that you maintain your list in each of your update posts. So when I make a new update post, I will include my existing list in the new post, but add my new list items to the list. An update might also be a re-ordering of the list.

So... what would make your list? An unspoken desire to learn street dance? Learn how to play the didgeridoo?

Let’s hear it. :)

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Great topic!  I have literal lists that change usually daily, but I try to keep them in order of how likely am I to actually try to even accomplish any of that stuff 😂 As of right now. 

1. Get back into drumming (still weighing my pros and cons of electronic v acoustic kit, would of course have both if $$$'s weren't the number one con 😂) I have at least narrowed it down to which electronic and which acoustic kit I will be choosing from.  

2.  Listen to all my recordings from the past year and narrow down a good 30-45mins to re-write/record. 

3.  Find the ground problem in one guitar and put tone capacitor back in another(it got robbed for a different project and I hate soldering) 

4.  Quit making lists until I finish this one 😂

2 hours ago, fasstrack said:

This seems to have disappeared mysteriously (cue Twilight Zone Music. Don't have that? OK, how 'bout standing in with paper on combs; Jew's Harps; and kazoos? Ready: And-a-one-and-a-two-and. Ah FORGET IT! You're no fun anymore!):

I completed a cycle w/o trying to: Leavin' was my bittersweet splitting NY song before relocating (I HOPED permanently) to The Hague, Netherlands. Luckily for me it doesn't delve into what a disastrous move that turned out to be. As my friend M'Fergu is wont to say: 'That's right: Keep them ballerinas on their toes!'

And now, Mouseketeers (Annette, would you PLEASE not 'develop' on national TV? Thanks and atta girl!) there's (You Can Take Me out of New York. but) You Can't Take New York Out of Me---a reconciliation/homesick/return deal.

I guess I'll have to be the completist and eventually have a true tri-cycle (put the - in so I wouldn't write 'tricycle'---though, Lord knows I'm a big enough baby to rate one. I got a MILLION of 'em---a MILLION!) For that I'll need to compose a song or songs about what went down in the Hague and now Philly. That would be, of course, the inside 'sandwich' part---like the part of the Book of Job left in in some OT bibles and omitted in others. 

Behold the Book of Joel!

I'd really call it that, too! Who's gonna stop me? It's my NAME and only a 1st name. So Messrs. McCrae; Gray; and Billy---will a Heineken each cool yiz out? OK, OK---Zombies it IS. (But I'm taking keys away, GOT IT?!)...

That might just be my favorite to-do list I've read, and I've made myself some pretty whacky ones 😂 Thanks sir! it's been a long day I needed a grand laugh.  

7 hours ago, Cody said:

3.  Find the ground problem in one guitar and put tone capacitor back in another(it got robbed for a different project and I hate soldering) 

I actually can scratch that one off the list.  It was thankfully just a bridge ground that had come undone, and did put the telecasters tone knob back together too while the iron was hot literally and figuratively. 

• Like 1

The coffee is strong in these here parts! :D Here there be dragons!

The staff have teeth. Literal. Figurative. Metaphorical. Apparently we also make for great jousting apparel! Who knew?

Some good lists! Keep em up.

Well done Cody on a fast turn around on list progress. Can it be beaten?

Let’s see.... ;)

I should state my aim to finish this post.

2 hours ago, Anaezia said:

Hmmmm my list its not much but to write a book haha but I am not much of a writer. 😅😅

I've started and stopped on a few books, mostly from embarrassing myself, some stories dont ever need told publicly  hahah, but I for one like your writing and am pushing a finger in your chest and saying you should 🤣  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, john said:

Well done Cody on a fast turn around on list progress. Can it be beaten?

Let’s see.... ;)

stuck a bass pickup in my gretch semi hollowbody, was one of the best woodworkings I've done, it wasnt easy, and sounds better than I thought it might...pretty excited about its future

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cody said:

i'm a student of eyeballs, throat, groin,  style of fighting............so I'll try to be nice but no promises 

Groin fighting? 

I am sure there are other names for that lmao

Beat boxing and me.... well it’s not pretty and not impressive. Might be good as a comedy act!

A realistic one for my list....

Get recording.

• Haha 1

Singing, i wanted to learn it last months, but i didnt try

Be more independant and less eassyli hurt. I am sure i am well aware of what i did wrong. And i know i am bad in many things. I just cant stand when i have to be too long without a person to talk to. I just hate the anxiety or more likely - the fear that i am not acceptable when i am the way i am. Hard to change many of my negative elements. And as it is hard to change, the harder is to find out, when somebody speaks bad about me in an unfair way. I mean, i am trying to live, and i have so little now, in a new beggining of my life. I need to get less dependant on other people views on me. My mind doesnt mean harm, i just try to make my way through the days less uncomfortable. 

• Like 2

On 11/22/2020 at 1:37 AM, Cody said:

I've started and stopped on a few books, mostly from embarrassing myself, some stories dont ever need told publicly  hahah, but I for one like your writing and am pushing a finger in your chest and saying you should 🤣  

Hehe thank you I did write one chapter haha. It sucked so I stopped haha. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 4:42 PM, Cody said:

Great topic!  I have literal lists that change usually daily, but I try to keep them in order of how likely am I to actually try to even accomplish any of that stuff 😂 As of right now. 

1. Get back into drumming (still weighing my pros and cons of electronic v acoustic kit, would of course have both if $$$'s weren't the number one con 😂) I have at least narrowed it down to which electronic and which acoustic kit I will be choosing from.  

2.  Listen to all my recordings from the past year and narrow down a good 30-45mins to re-write/record. 

Can scratch another one off, my drums I probably shouldn't of bought with money and job situation being what it is, but eh I've regretted worse things, and sure don't think I'll regret this purchase I've had too much fun today, may regret it in the morning though, It's been a loooong time since I've played anything other than bongos or a cajon, (I went with an electronic set if anyone is curious) first one I've owned so has its own learning curve, but they sure have gotten a lot better sounding since I last played one. 

So now just the tough ones :D