Your Ad Could Be Here

TV series, Netflix series, Movies, and beyond..

As the title implies: this thread will hopefully encompass  all of these subjects. Here we can have a nice and friendly place to discuss our favorite shows, the stuff we intend to watch, and what we can recommend. Feel free to expand if there is any particular reason behind your picks. Though needless to say, that different people like different things. So lets keep all dialogs respectful, and start the basics!

* What are you currently watching?

* What is your favorite show?

* What do you recommend?

* What is your favorite movie?

* Is there anything you would like to add?

• Like 1

Oh boy. I watch a lot on Netflix. Asking me to remember them is another matter!

Star Trek Discovery. Soooooo much better than the tired old franchises.

Marcella - Less so the new series, but the first 2 were fantastic

Peaky Blinders - generally very good, though the accents can be a bit hit or miss

Norsemen - just kinda silly

Lost In Space - very well made and engaging

• Like 2

Watched the new Daniel Radcliffe movie on Netflix last night, “Escaping Pretoria”. I like him as an actor. He’s been growing quite a breadth of characters. It was an interesting film. Based on a true story it filled in a period I was only vaguely aware of at the time. I was more aware of Nelson Mandela and his black compatriots than I was of the white South Africans in the ANC.

An enjoyable watch.

Not Netflix, but Amazon Prime... Expanse. Great series. It has more of a realistic feel than Star Trek etc. And it has been well scripted and acted, despite a fairly large effects budget.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 3:31 AM, john said:

Not Netflix, but Amazon Prime... Expanse. Great series. It has more of a realistic feel than Star Trek etc. And it has been well scripted and acted, despite a fairly large effects budget.

I've read those books, and I must say I think that show is my favorite thing I've seen on TV in a long time.  I've also really enjoyed the Discovery series of Star Trek.  Like you said it is refreshing.  I really liked Picard as well though more than I thought I would.  It wasn't just a complete nostalgia grab. 

On 3/1/2021 at 10:17 AM, Steve Mueske said:

Lately I've been hooked on The Punisher. The other show I really dig is Altered Carbon.

I enjoyed both of those as well! Is there another season of Altered Carbon? I only saw one. 

On 3/2/2021 at 2:35 PM, VoiceEx said:

f you guys are looking for something on the lighter side of things, I recommend Resident Alien.

I haven't watched any of that though, but was told I'd probably enjoy it.  

On 3/2/2021 at 2:28 PM, VoiceEx said:

The new Lost In Space was excellent. I saw the original series, and I can safely say that the old version is cringe. Once you see that foil looking robot.. you... can`t un-see that 🤣

I think I started the first season of Lost in Space.  I didn't not like it, think I just got sidetracked.    I'm also starting to think I've watched too much tv in the last year reading this thread 🤣

Neil Gaimon is one of my favorite authors so I wasn't going to watch Good Omens or American Gods series, but soooo glad I finally did, both are really well written and casted and a really great blend of being close enough to the book, but different enough so it fits a film adaptation.  I'd recommend them both even if you haven't read the books.  I've just now gotten to the start of the 3rd season of American Gods though, so it could always go south. 

I also watched "The Little Things" last week.  It was good and worth watching for a pretty decent job doing a take on a "buddy cop" genre that I enjoyed quite a bit.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VoiceEx said:

Aka, "Lucifer" (still worth a watch though lol)

Never read that, so I really enjoyed the show.  

that considers the series Tru-Blood to be a comedy.

It wasn't supposed to be? 🤣

I haven't seen Good Omens yet. Another one for the binge list!

The casting alone for that was perfect at least in the way I had pictured everyone involved.  They of course changed a few things around, most notably the ending they left it where there may be more someday and I was not disappointed.  I'm similar to the way you approach things by trying not to compare them to anything that might of been previous, but my expectations were hard to not be high for that one and its why I almost didn't watch it, but Gaiman also had a big hand in the script/production/etc, but that IMO never works out well for Stephen King when he has a hand in any film adaptions they usually are trash LOL.  

Although I really enjoyed the Mr. Mercedes show(that's another I haven't seen the 3rd season of yet) but the first two were really great and I think King is credited as executive producer or something, which could mean as little as he said sure that'll work, have him wear a red shirt in that scene 🤣   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Editors

I don't watch a lot of TV simply because it is a committment that my OCD will take way too seriously to finish. And that'd mean WAY too much time would get lost in it. On that note, I envy people who are able to AVOID binge watching lol

Though I like reading as well, lately I've been spending a lot of time with audiobooks and talks on Youtube.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Noob

I got hooked on Peaky Blinders, especially loving the accents! (I mean, who wouldn't, am I right???) Sure, I sometimes need to rely on the subtitles because it's not always easy to understand, but overall it's really catchy and exciting. I was debating whether or not I should start watching it, but I am happy I finally did! My only disappointment with Netflix is that sometimes they would remove certain TV shows (temporarily or permanently), especially when I was in the middle of a season! Now, I almost have nothing to watch! I've decided to try a free iptv trial and see how that one works out. Maybe it's a better option than Netflix.

Edited by MotachikSeeny
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MotachikSeeny said:

I got hooked on Peaky Blinders, especially loving the accents! (I mean, who wouldn't, am I right???)

It’s a great series. Cillian Murphy’s accent was great. The Scottish accent was pretty terrible!