Your Ad Could Be Here

Awesome Guitarists and Awesome Guitar Performances

Sorry to co-opt the thread. Back to guitarists...

Okay, so Man on the Silver Mountain is one of my all-time favorite songs. Live, Rainbow played it way too fast. This is the best version I've found. It's from a live concert in London in 2005.

This is perfection.

Lately, I've really been digging Zakk Wylde's solo stuff. Just great songwriting, singing, and playing. Here's one of my favorite tracks of his.

Also really been digging the Smith / Kotzen collaboration. Both are excellent guitarists, but I never knew they sang so well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Did you see that James Richardson released a song on YouTube with Tim Henson?

• Like 1

HaHA! I'll see your Tommy Emmanuel (my all time favourite, and Australian!!)  and raise you Tina S (from France).  Born 1999, the video was posted 2016 ... this means she was just 17

Moonlight Sonata has always been in my piano repertoire but I've never been able to play the frenetic 3rd Movement at full speed, so this exhausts me to watch/listen!  It's powerful AND melodic.  Big props to 'Dr.Viossy', for the arrangement that takes the essence of what Beethoven wrote (a lot is omitted) and who probably created the backing track. 

Cheers,

Greg (Australia)

A lifelong acoustic 12-string chord strummer and fingerpicker ... I've never ever done lead electric myself!! :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@VoiceEx

Holy shit, brother, I can't I didn't find this till just now, but here is a track with meat and chops for days.

• Thanks 1

Sitting in the back of a gig-bound Transit one night, we heard a comedian on the radio joke, "Girls weren't meant to rock, they were meant to be rocked at." It's funny because it's not true.

Edited by Glammerocity
  • Like 1

Often overlooked as a lead guitarist but a big influence on my playing. Nils Lofgren, no slouch on the fretboard, would walk across stage to stand in front of Bruce's amp to hear him solo. He gets it.

Much-maligned, Tommy Bolin replaced Joe Walsh, then replaced Richie Blackmore. The guy couldn't catch a break, then he died. I was a big fan. Good songwriter, too.

Edited by Glammerocity
  • Like 1

In the same postcode as Albert Lee, they also had some neat vocal harmonies beyond this instrumental. Kinda like if Albert had joined the Eagles.

Edited by Glammerocity

• 3 weeks later...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Two fingers! After an accident in a fire, he had to develop a whole new way of playing. I had a book of his solos and they were tough with four fingers. You'll never see semitones the same way again.

• Like 2

Duke Ellington was once in a club watching a young band. They spotted him and started blowing for all they were worth. Backstage later, they asked Duke what he thought of their set. Duke replied, "Boy, you guys sure play a lotta notes." And on that note, the master of minimalism.

Edited by Glammerocity
  • Like 1