Your Ad Could Be Here

New Music Friday #8

Hey, everyone, it's that time of the week again. Post up your works in progress, your not so sure ofs, your snippets, loops, ideas, or full-blown nearly finished pieces. It's our version of show and tell. 

This is meant to be an encouraging salon. In addition to posting, please listen and comment on other pieces in the thread.

Let's go!

Edited by Steve Mueske

Ha ha! Looks like it's a wash this week. I'm moving into my loft tomorrow and won't have my studio set up for a few days.

I'll be returning to this piece in the next two weeks. If you haven't heard this before (or it's been awhile), this is where I'm at with the first Pentachrist piece, "The Mind is a Dark Place to Live." Next segments to record are the first solos and some spoken word.

https://rcrft.co/reel/whoisthemuesk/themindisdark

@Stewart Schmidt Thank you for listening and commenting.

I think what you may be reacting to is the shift from the opening section, which is pretty straight C minor, to the heavy section, which has an F tonal center and is largely phrygian. When it returns, I'm using a harmonic minor mode instead (same phrygian feel, but with a raised third). What I wanted to do, essentially, was setup some motivic concepts I could return to and play against later, but it's a long time in development. 

Many thanks for your time.