Your Ad Could Be Here

Seriously guys 🙂

Seriously guys, it would be great to know what we all listen to.  We have a great topic for us to post up ... and it's really cool to catch a tune or more and share it. Join in.. :)

https://forums.songstuff.com/topic/47039-what-are-you-listening-to-at-the-moment/

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Peggy said:

Seriously guys

Seriously, Peggy :) ... if one were to listen to the current 340 Reply recommendations, that's seventeen hours (even assuming a minimum 3 minutes each!)  😵

But kudos to  Richard Tracey  for the original post ... perhaps you and John should contact him for the magic elixir and fairy dust needed to boost site interactivity?

Greg

• Thanks 1

Time to close Richard’s old topic as he never drops by any longer and start a new topic on the same subject?

9 hours ago, GregB said:

if one were to listen to the current 340 Reply recommendations,

Just was having a bit of fun. Never even considered someone going back and listening to all the songs, but listening to some for sure .. 

I was actually thinking that others could join in and post up what they are listening to.  

10 hours ago, Peggy said:

it would be great to know what we all listen to. 

5 hours ago, john said:

Time to close Richard’s old topic as he never drops by any longer and start a new topic on the same subject?

I can do that, but this topic is a pretty cool one. I was hoping others would join in sharing what music they listen to, not to close the topic. 

• Peggy changed the title to Seriously guys 🙂
9 hours ago, GregB said:

But kudos to  Richard Tracey  for the original post ... perhaps you and John should contact him for the magic elixir and fairy dust needed to boost site interactivity?

Richard did start a good topic. I don't think we need magic elixir and fairy dust, just musicians and artists, that want to be part of a fun and supportive community... whatever stage of their musical journey. 

• Like 2

Perhaps reminiscing about the "good ol'days and good ol'music" is just a sign of the times. Mindless monotonous modern music just reminds me of where I am...

I know, most of the time, I'm a real stick in the mud... but I've been online harping about religion, politics, and how the music industry has mirrored the moral decline in America for more than 20+yrs now.

60s/70s/80s music reminds me of better times as well, but I always have to return to the present. If everything I write seems like a lament, that's because it is... and I can't think of anything more important to write about.

If everything was blue skies, rainbows, and nothing but love was in the air, I'm sure things would be very different. However, I look around today and see that the world got exactly what it wanted, and every form of world wide media proudly led the charge to precisely where we're at.

I'm not completely out of touch... I saw it coming so I understand. The argument is completely useless now. So, all we can do is reminisce. We can't go back in time and we can't recreate the wheel. There will never be another Bob Dylan... the powers that be won't allow it.

This new age is going to perpetuate itself despite the moral majority. If your only choices are get with the New World Order or get canceled... then is it any wonder that so many musicians have lost interest...?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gtar Pkr said:

If everything was blue skies, rainbows, and nothing but love was in the air,

I wrote a song like this a few yrs ago.  It was definitely tongue-in-cheek "The Sky Is Blue" 😊 was reviewing the lyrics just last night. 

The cool thing about the "What are you listening to? topic is it's every kind of music. It's just what to says, hey members share what you're listening to.   🎶🎶

Oh, oh.. and if the kind of music you share is not what's been posted before.. awesome .. look forward to hearing it. 

Peggy

And should anyone choose to join in on the topic or when you're checking out what other members posted over the years .. If you notices a "dead" video link, please report it and I'll remove the link. 3 vertical dots on top right side is where the report flag is.  Thanks! 

"However, I look around today and see that the world got exactly what it wanted...."

CS Lewis said that for some people Hell might be getting exactly what they want . . . until they're sick of it. And as usual, he was probably right.

• Thanks 1