Your Ad Could Be Here

Introducing myself

artlab.ganjazz@gmail.com

Hello! My name is Alberto. I am a bassist, beatmaker and producer.

I'm a very proactive and committed person, not afraid to take on any challenge.

What am I looking for here?

I have proposed creating an online band. My goal is to have a trusted crew with which to compose and record our songs over the internet.

I love to improvise, compose, record, mix,...

I imagine writing track by track, commenting and modifying sketches of instrumental songs. Once this sketch is finished and we feel comfortable, let each person record their part at home. Then we make a sum total of the resources. Unless there is another sound technician in the group, the intention is that I mix and master the songs.

My main goal is to create a portfolio, have fun and meet cool people to collaborate with.

I also find it worthwhile to collaborate with other people who want to do it occasionally, but I would like to have permanent contacts with whom I work regularly.

And if we see this going forward, I will flow. I am from the Canary Islands, but I could move without a problem.

• Like 1

Thank you!

I already did it ;) 

Salute!<3

• Like 1

Alberto! Great to meet you. Welcome to Songstuff! I

It sounds like an excellent project. I wish you good luck with it and I look forward to hearing the results. :)

• Like 1

Thank you too!<3

Of course, I will share the results :)

I have posted a topic in the collaboration category. Let's see if someone wants to join!

• Like 1

Welcome to Songstuff Alberto. A lot of support here. You seem to have a vision for where you want this thing to go and a vast array of influences. What is your musical strength? Composition? Lyrics? Production? I wish you the best of luck in your quest. 

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 7:09 PM, TheGarageJump said:

Welcome to Songstuff Alberto. A lot of support here. You seem to have a vision for where you want this thing to go and a vast array of influences. What is your musical strength? Composition? Lyrics? Production? I wish you the best of luck in your quest. 

Thank you, Bro! Appreciate that

I began playing bass when I was young (more than I do now hahaha) and over time I developed an interest in sound. I remember listening to the album Blood Sugar Sex Magik walking in the mountains. I wondered why it sounded so amazing, and without realizing it, I was learning how to do it.

I think my strength is all about knowledge, practice and taste.

I don't know ''anything'' about music theory but I have a sharp ear. Usually, I can make riffs, chords, melodies, and that stuff with the bass easily. I just flow between my music mates and give energy to the group.

Also, I'm competent at arranging, but because of my taste like "Hm, it would be better if this part was harder" or "Maybe we could do a phrase together and then pause for a solo". I don't quite understand how to say 'Go to AM7 and then to the 5th' Well, I know what it means but I don't use it. And I don't know much more than that.

And I like beat-making too. I think that I do it well, but playing bass is more fun and organic.

Edited by Karhala
  • Like 1