Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi Ren - Powerful Stuff

Hi guys

I could have posted this in a few places on our boards, but I think here is a great start.

I found this video a few weeks ago, maybe a week after it was posted on YouTube by Ren. Ren is an unsigned indie from the U.K. He has a bunch of live performance vids and a few that capture live performance with multiple cameras to create a pretty polished finished result.

I write a lot of message and issue based songs myself, at a time when it’s not been that popular. True, I haven’t really taken my songs out there for a loooong time, but I could see the pendulum of interest begin to swing back towards more meaty songs, going beyond relationships and 3 minute pop tracks. At least I hoped it was. So I am very pleased to see that at roughly 4 weeks after posting this song has received 2.4 million views. 

Enough about me, my interest etc. “Hi Ren” is a wonderfully powerful song. Unconventional. Challenging. Epic.

So I wanted to share it, maybe help Ren get some listeners, maybe get it added to our YouTube channels @Peggy.

I doth drone on…. wrap your beady eyes and ears around this and let me know what you think. If interested, I might try to get a hold of him to talk about his music.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing. This is pretty amazing.

• Like 1

• Editors

This is soo good. Very powerful and expressive. I felt that.

What a beautiful voice and what a great concept for the video. Very moody!

Thanks for sharing this, John!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@McnaughtonPark  @Peggy @buckoff

This is the song I was talking about.

I just checked the stats. 3.6 Million views in a month. #38 top Music video on YouTube. Pretty impressive for an independent.

That’s a great performance,

terroristically introspective.  I would be interested in his perspective on lyrics for sure. 

thanks for posting this

Edited by McnaughtonPark
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 4:20 AM, john said:

I haven’t really taken my songs out there for a loooong time

For what its worth, I think that you should. I know you have your reasons, but speaking strictly as a member of the audience, I'd LOVE to hear more powerful and meaningful music. From you, from Ren, from anyone.

Call me crazy, but I absolutely despise this whole "monitory complacency train" that so many musicians seem to be boarding, and all for the sake of profiting off a generation that lives on their phones. I think it really IS as ridicules as it sounds! Think about it: The bar has been set so low, that you even see people lip-syncing covers in their bathroom with cat-ears filter on! I think its no surprise that the audience is starting to crave more sanity 😅

On 1/16/2023 at 4:20 AM, john said:

If interested, I might try to get a hold of him to talk about his music.

I think that would be great! :)Though I would recommend doing so with caution. I haven't really looked into him, but I'd assume that he's already somewhat self sustained, and there's a chance he may not be looking to work with people outside his circle.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 2:20 AM, john said:

Hi guys

I could have posted this in a few places on our boards, but I think here is a great start.

I found this video a few weeks ago, maybe a week after it was posted on YouTube by Ren. Ren is an unsigned indie from the U.K. He has a bunch of live performance vids and a few that capture live performance with multiple cameras to create a pretty polished finished result.

I write a lot of message and issue based songs myself, at a time when it’s not been that popular. True, I haven’t really taken my songs out there for a loooong time, but I could see the pendulum of interest begin to swing back towards more meaty songs, going beyond relationships and 3 minute pop tracks. At least I hoped it was. So I am very pleased to see that at roughly 4 weeks after posting this song has received 2.4 million views. 

Enough about me, my interest etc. “Hi Ren” is a wonderfully powerful song. Unconventional. Challenging. Epic.

So I wanted to share it, maybe help Ren get some listeners, maybe get it added to our YouTube channels @Peggy.

I doth drone on…. wrap your beady eyes and ears around this and let me know what you think. If interested, I might try to get a hold of him to talk about his music.

Very powerful . Indeed a lot to digest in this message that Ren wanted to express. Ren did it so powerfully only a sufferer could have wrote it. 

Sigmund Freud was the father of Psychoanalysis and his theories has and are , still to this day,  causing much damage to people who are physically ill and not mentally ill.

Freud believed the mental  ill state causes the physical ill state , so even today,  many are only treated for the mind  only (given mind altering drugs) and the physical illness is not investigated. 

Freud experimented  cruelly on so many people, mostly woman. many of those experiments left them with permanent physical damage. Ren in his bio mentions his illness is and was,  like a chess game. .Results from Freud's wrong conclusions from the 1900's are felt even to this day,  equals ,  'who will believe us in our physical suffering'  Freud's work is still the foundation of training in so many medical fields that has caused millions to be  misdiagnosed, and  Freud's legacy is felt worldwide to the detriment of us all.

l hope Ren's songwriting gets more reach than it has already.

• Like 1