Your Ad Could Be Here

Newby singer, Midi Instrument Player

My name is Rob..

I started off having a few "special" objectives in life.... one was to write a book...another was to learn a foreign language..... another was to write a song.....  So when I started down the path to write a song I fell in love with music.... I discovered I could sing....and I use a midi instrument to play what looks like a guitar.....

When did you start playing? about 3 years ago

Did you teach yourself? yes

2. Are you in a band or bands? 

What is the name of the band?    I practice with my two nephews

What do you play? midi guitar... Artiphon I1 

What other instruments are in the band? keyboard and drummer

Do you have a band website? no

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? I started writing my first song...but am stuck on lyrics....

Do you have a writing partner? no

4. Do you record your music?

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? yes...basic.. GB as DAW....Focuswrite 2i2 as audio interface.... Artiphon Instrument 1 as midi/guitar and a Roland digital piano...

Do you use a recording studio? no

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? no

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? 

I promote my daughter's work...she is a singer songwriter...

6. Are you a tech head?

7. What country do you live in?

Canada

8. What are your ambitions?

I would like to write songs

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

I paint and draw.... 

What are your pastimes? mostly music but I enjoy travel

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

I think that covers the main musical things!

welcome Rob. lm really enjoying reading about all these creative artists like yourself on this forum. Such a wide spectrum of creative people, its great.

Looking forward to reading some more from you on the forum. join in or l should say, jump in lol.

Hey Rob! Welcome to Songstuff. It’s good to meet you :)

I’m a fellow artist. Mainly drawing in recent years, though I also paint, use pastels and pen and ink. I’d love to see any of your work.

Hopefully we can help you to progress your song, and who knows, encourage you to create some more.

Is any of your daughter’s music available online?

Hi Rod, welcome to Songstuff. I joined in April 2022. It's like a lot of other things - the more you put in, the more you get out is my experience here. It reads like you are pretty technically adept musicality-wise - brilliant. In terms of being stuck with lyrics to your song, I have collaborated (individually) with a couple of talented guys whom I met on Songstuff in order to write a couple of songs. If you send on your tune I can give the lyrics a go. Alternatively, I will not be offended if this does not suit you. As two contrasting lyric examples on TheGarageJump's YouTube page, there is 'Fed a False Concept' and 'Some Resolution', which are there for you to listen to and assess if this musical (lyrical...) direction is in tune with yours. Whatever the case, good luck in your songwriting endeavours.

Chris

• Like 1

Welcome. I come from a fine art background so very into imagery and Symbolism ( the movement ) and symbolism writing wise. The Midi I have not played one, but do play exotics with tenor guitar and ukulele. You need help with lyrics, it can be a lot of things at this site, from simple to comlex.

• Like 1