Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey Everyone!

Hello, I'm a mix and mastering engineer with over 30 years of experience in the industry. I began my career in 1989 and since then have honed my skills in mixing and mastering with a specialization in interpersonal musical entrainment and psychoacoustics.

My passion for this field led me to pursue a master's degree in Audio technology, where I wrote my capstone thesis on mixing for response versus the "modern" sound. Through my extensive research and practical experience, I have understood the importance of creating mixes that elicit emotional reactions from listeners.

As a mix and mastering engineer, I have worked with diverse clients and genres, from indie bands to small labels. Every project requires a unique approach, and I specialize in Rock, Country, and jazz.

My philosophy is centered on the idea that a great mix should connect emotionally with the listener and evoke a visceral response. Therefore, I prioritize musicality and emotional impact over chasing trends or adhering to a particular sound. Instead, I aim to create timeless, powerful, and accurate mixes to the artist's vision.

I'm here because I'm constantly interested in what musicians think, feel, thrive, and struggle with. This looked like a great place for a non-schlock exchange of ideas.

Can't wait to meet you all.

Tom P

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Tom Powers said:

Hello, I'm a mix and mastering engineer with over 30 years of experience in the industry. I began my career in 1989 and since then have honed my skills in mixing and mastering with a specialization in interpersonal musical entrainment and psychoacoustics.

My passion for this field led me to pursue a master's degree in Audio technology, where I wrote my capstone thesis on mixing for response versus the "modern" sound. Through my extensive research and practical experience, I have understood the importance of creating mixes that elicit emotional reactions from listeners.

As a mix and mastering engineer, I have worked with diverse clients and genres, from indie bands to small labels. Every project requires a unique approach, and I specialize in Rock, Country, and jazz.

My philosophy is centered on the idea that a great mix should connect emotionally with the listener and evoke a visceral response. Therefore, I prioritize musicality and emotional impact over chasing trends or adhering to a particular sound. Instead, I aim to create timeless, powerful, and accurate mixes to the artist's vision.

I'm here because I'm constantly interested in what musicians think, feel, thrive, and struggle with. This looked like a great place for a non-schlock exchange of ideas.

Can't wait to meet you all.

Tom P

welcome Tom

Welcome to Songstuff Tom,

In broad terms, you have what I don't. I've not long started in this game and am constantly looking for ways to improve the sound quality of the songs. You have quite the pedigree, which is great for the rest of us here in terms of knowledge and wisdom.

Good luck in your continued studies and I hope you get a lot out of the Songstuff venture.

Cheers.

• Like 1