Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi

Thanks, not sure what to do yet or where to go. Mostly I just want to get some songs

heard because...you know, ego problems...

Thanks for saying hi. what part of Uk you in?

By the way, no brag, just fact, I have written the BEST song in existence about Blackpool

and didn't even need to mention Pleasure Island...

Not the best recorded or performed song though :(

Edited by KenyonL
  • Like 1

I'm in the Forest of Dean these days  but I'm from Bishops Stortford (some miles north of London - it's a dump). Have you stayed in the UK then? What part of the USA are you knocking around?

A good place to start on the forum is give other peoples tracks a listen and let them know what you think, civilly of course. 😁It also buys a little goodwill your way for reciprocal feedback, when you come to post a track. I believe there is a 10 post minimum on posting a track but double check the guidelines before posting one to be sure. You can also read up the wealth of knowledge provided by the many talents that frequent these boards. Myself excluded! 😄

CCB

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 10:31 AM, CorkingCrackBand said:

I'm in the Forest of Dean these days  but I'm from Bishops Stortford (some miles north of London - it's a dump). Have you stayed in the UK then? What part of the USA are you knocking around?

A good place to start on the forum is give other peoples tracks a listen and let them know what you think, civilly of course. 😁It also buys a little goodwill your way for reciprocal feedback, when you come to post a track. I believe there is a 10 post minimum on posting a track but double check the guidelines before posting one to be sure. You can also read up the wealth of knowledge provided by the many talents that frequent these boards. Myself excluded! 😄

CCB

Don't know how to reply without the quote feature. I have been to Blackpool, Liverpool and Stoke. Everton fan, made it over to see the Derby in 2015. The first time I saw Goodison...tears, I almost started balling! England was so great and all the English, besides my friends, are just so brilliant. I live in Shady Cove, Oregon via Ojai, CA. LOVE Oregon. Love rain snow and winter, and in summer love rivers and lakes so it's all great. Hard to believe anything called Biships Storford would be a dump, especially so removed from London. Of course, one would think a place called Oakland would be beautiful...I will find the forum and look forward to hearing people's music. I'm on the Reddit songwriter forum and everybody just awes me. Mostly everybody lol

Cheers mate, see yer!

On 3/17/2023 at 5:45 PM, CorkingCrackBand said:

Hi @KenyonL

I thought I'd best say hi back before you 'pop off'.

I look forward to seeing you around.

CCB

Um where do I look for songs? Just what's posted here? I saw a song in another forum, or featured, but you couldn't click on 'comment' or any of the other options. I'm having a feeling everybody here is polished and promoted. I'm a decent songwriter but really have not much talent playing/singing/production/ wise so my stuff will be pretty laughable

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KenyonL said:

Um where do I look for songs? Just what's posted here? I saw a song in another forum, or featured, but you couldn't click on 'comment' or any of the other options. I'm having a feeling everybody here is polished and promoted. I'm a decent songwriter but really have not much talent playing/singing/production/ wise so my stuff will be pretty laughable

Hi,

@Peggy has kindly provided you the links.

If you think you've nailed something, pop it in the showcase forum and if you want some opinions on how to nail something, as well as assurance on what your doing right, then the critique board is the best place. Be sure to read the guidelines at the top of each board before posting and remember that if you engage with other peoples work, they'll be more inclined to engage with yours. 

Everyone is very nice here and we're all on our different journeys towards perfection - some closer than others 😁. I know I'm one of the 'weaker' members but it's all about learning and as long as you have that attitude you'll be fine.

By the way - to reply without quoting, just scroll down below the last comment and you should see the box in which to type. 🙂

CCB 

Edited by CorkingCrackBand
  • Like 1