Your Ad Could Be Here

Songwriting competitions

I dont know. I never entered one. If I did I would not take it too seriously, as competitiveness is a 2nd rate sort of incentive to create music.

I would quite enjoy having a go, but have next to no idea about how to use a computer properly. A bit of a problem when it comes to recording, file converting, web-site building, linking etc. I am only really interested in playing TBH.

• 1 month later...

talking about contests... how does this work here...i noticed a topic in the lyric section called "best lyric of february...

Do I understand correctly that a contest is held each month and starts the month after?

(For Example : Contest of March starts on 1st of April?)

Hi Kievien,

It's more of a poll than a contest. At the beginning of a new month john starts a nomination thread. Lyrics are nominated by members of the board. Once that closes he opens a voting thread so members can vote for their favorite. We try to keep the competitiveness(?) to a minimum.

• 1 month later...
Guest helen

Hi Guys,

Im not sure whether this is of any interest to anyone but have just entered a competition for songwriters.

I was a bit sceptical on contests cos theres little follow up but this one seems different. It doesnt just judge the songs and give a prize, it actually takes finalists to a masterclass day where you not only learn about songwriting but also about the industry as a whole. I get the impression its for those that are really seroius about a career in songwriting whether for groups or solo performers.

Its organised by the British Academy of Composers and Songwriters and supported by Apple and Radio 2 so the prizes seem pretty cool, hardware, software etc from Apple, a teaching day with famous songwriters and the overall winner gets their song recorded and performed at an industry only showcase.

Hopefully something you may want to get involved with. All info is on this website - www.songwritersacademy.co.uk.

It doesnt seem like other competitions so reckon its worth a go! x

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

our band recently entered The 2007 Singer/Songwriter Awards competition and

International Songwriting Competition 2007.

The 2007 Singer/Songwriter Awards is ongoing competition:

The promoter will make its best effort to notify you of your submission status by Dec 2, 2007.

This is what we received yet :)

International Songwriting Competition 2007 - this is two rounds competition semifinal/final

semifinalists are anounced by end of Jan 2008 finalist by end of March 2008.

So all i need to do is sit and wait :)

By looking at the winner list at ISC 2006, majority of finalist is from USA, so it looks more

USA - international (inter usa nations) - no offense. :D

Stan