Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello everyone

I'm a 32 year old male who's been interested in song writing recently and would like to post some of my lyrics to see what people think about them. My lyrics are pretty off the wall and different, most of them tell some sort of story. My favorite bands are Sublime Marilyn Manson and Eminem so I have a pretty wide selection of music styles to follow. I'm just interested in getting feed back and or information from anyone who would like to help me transform the lyrics into songs. Thank you for your time and I look forward from hearing from all of you.

• Like 2

Hey Karl, welcome to Songstuff!

please, for your own skills development, for the benefit of other writers and the community as a whole, offer critique as well as posting works for critique. A lot of new writers don’t realise they stand to learn deeper and faster by offering critique. For a start no matter how many songs you write and how many styles you write in, the internet writes a lot more… and you stand to learn about new and different techniques and approaches with every critique discussion you have. It’s not right telling wrong it’s people exploring opinions. Add to that you are not remotely invested in other people’s songs. It makes you more prepared to consider more radical changes. You don’t get so attached to certain lines or means. This means you get to exercise your writing skills without being compromised in that way.

Obviously it’s also better for all our writers if everyone is prepared to comment open to learning etc.

So help other members, help the site and above all, help yourself… be active in giving critique!

enjoy the boards!

John