Your Ad Could Be Here

New album, new member

Hey there,

I'm just finished an album featuring melodies I wrote many, many years ago with new lyrics and latterly acquired abilities (not least Logic Pro and midi programming) and I'm putting it out there to showcase my abilities in the hope that I can work with good musicians - doing arrangements perhaps - or people with other artistic projects that need music.

I'll post this in the collab. subforum too but do get in touch if this is something that interests you.

Thanks.

Edited by Dave Egan
  • Like 3

Nice collection of songs, and great arrangements, Dave.  Wish the vocals were a bit more forward.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind comments Mister B & Jac. 

Perhaps my love of instrumentation can sometimes push the vocals back in the mix! I must bear this in mind. Thanks so much. 

• Like 1

Welcome to Songstuff, Dave. 

Good to have you join. In.  Nice songs, instrumentals and vocals. Very solid!

Peggy

• Like 1

Hey Dave! A big welcome to Songstuff.

Is there anything we can do to help you?

On 8/18/2023 at 10:43 AM, Peggy said:

Welcome to Songstuff, Dave. 

Good to have you join. In.  Nice songs, instrumentals and vocals. Very solid!

Peggy

Thanks Peggy. Would love to hear some of your stuff too. Send me a link!

Dave

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 11:30 AM, MisterB said:

Nice collection of songs, and great arrangements, Dave.  Wish the vocals were a bit more forward.

Hey Rich,

Thanks for your kind comment on my stuff. I've been listening to yours: excellent production throughout. I really liked "The Sailor", "When That Day Comes", "Time to Get Up" and "Happy Vibes". I am curious as to why "I Grew Up" fades away before it even gets going! It sounds really good up til then. Anyway, nice stuff man. Keep it up and keep getting better!

Dave 

On 8/12/2023 at 2:01 AM, Jac said:

welcome Dave.

very nice album, lovely voice. l really like the lyrics.

working me way down the tracks.

l like the lyrics to ' time to move away'

very nice arrangements on your album.

Thanks Jac. Very kind words! Keep enjoying!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 12:55 PM, john said:

Hey Dave! A big welcome to Songstuff.

Is there anything we can do to help you?

Hey John,

I came here looking for opportunities to fill the gaps for other musicians to make the end product better - I guess looking for some synergistic relationship. Having listened to your stuff, I can't see a single gap in your music so no, I guess you can't help me! Great composition, performances, production... well done mate.

Dave

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dave Egan said:

Hey John,

I came here looking for opportunities to fill the gaps for other musicians to make the end product better - I guess looking for some synergistic relationship. Having listened to your stuff, I can't see a single gap in your music so no, I guess you can't help me! Great composition, performances, production... well done mate.

Dave

Thanks for your compliments. You’ll find people at all stages from lyricists looking for composers through to producers looking for specific instrumentation or guidance and collaboration on production. Making a post in our collab board might help, adding specifics to your board profile might help and of course general activity will raise awareness after that.

:)

On 8/20/2023 at 11:04 PM, Dave Egan said:

Hey Rich,

Thanks for your kind comment on my stuff. I've been listening to yours: excellent production throughout. I really liked "The Sailor", "When That Day Comes", "Time to Get Up" and "Happy Vibes". I am curious as to why "I Grew Up" fades away before it even gets going! It sounds really good up til then. Anyway, nice stuff man. Keep it up and keep getting better!

Dave 

Thanks Dave... I did I Grew Up as an early demo of what I thought the possibilities were for Synthesizer-V.  That's just as much as I wrote.  The lyrics are what's holding it up - it has a big meaning for me and I will get back to it, but I'm not very good at writing lyrics. I leave it there because I don't want to forget about it.  As unfinished as it is, I think its the best tune I've ever written.  :)

...and yeah, music is a life-long learning adventure isn't it?

Edited by MisterB

On 8/22/2023 at 7:28 AM, MisterB said:

Thanks Dave... I did I Grew Up as an early demo of what I thought the possibilities were for Synthesizer-V.  That's just as much as I wrote.  The lyrics are what's holding it up - it has a big meaning for me and I will get back to it, but I'm not very good at writing lyrics. I leave it there because I don't want to forget about it.  As unfinished as it is, I think its the best tune I've ever written.  :)

Yes, it sounds great - I would like to hear it finished! 

On 8/22/2023 at 7:28 AM, MisterB said:

...and yeah, music is a life-long learning adventure isn't it?

I certainly believe so - Every time I do a new song I learn something new.

On 8/20/2023 at 7:09 PM, john said:

Thanks for your compliments. You’ll find people at all stages from lyricists looking for composers through to producers looking for specific instrumentation or guidance and collaboration on production. Making a post in our collab board might help, adding specifics to your board profile might help and of course general activity will raise awareness after that.

:)

Will do! Thanks.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 7:59 PM, Dave Egan said:

Thanks Peggy. Would love to hear some of your stuff too. Send me a link!

Dave

Thanks Dave, but most of my stuff, that's completed, are lyrics but I'm working on getting some songs completed, too.