Your Ad Could Be Here

Advice on mixing and mastering songs

Hi everyone,
I've been producing music for some time and recently, I've decided to learn how to mix and master my songs.
So can you give me some advice on where to begin my journey? If you have any personal experience in this field, I'd love to hear how you got started.
Maybe there are specific online courses, video tutorials, YouTube channels or books that you find helpful?
Thanks!

I need to be careful I don't make this overly complex. Like, if you asked me, how do you fly a jet liner, that's the sort of complexiity this can get into.

Where do I even start?

You say you've been procuding music for some time. Can you give me an overview of where you're at in terms of technical mixing production? Tools used. Results and so forth.

Otherwise we might be opening the jim dandy of all worm cans. Sure on the surface it seems easy, and on one level it isn't especially difficult, however, on the deeper levels it can be fairly complex.

Advice? We all seem to interface with the world a bit differently. No matter how you decide to accumulate the information, I think it's always healthy to gain a good understanding of the concepts in addition to what the tools do. Once you have that part down, you can learn the tools. Make sense?

• Like 1