Your Ad Could Be Here

REQUEST: General Topic

Yeah...

There's no where on this forum where you can just talk about general things.

If it's hard to decide where to go chat, best to just chat in general.

It could be the reason this forum feels so dead.

14 minutes ago, El Diablo Songwriter said:

Yeah...

There's no where on this forum where you can just talk about general things.

If it's hard to decide where to go chat, best to just chat in general.

It could be the reason this forum feels so dead.

Firstly, thanks for bringing this up. I am happy to talk about it. We obviously want our community to improve, so feedback and suggestions are always very welcome.

btw The musician’s lounge is for chat, and there is the chatroom bar. :)

I think the main reason the forums feels so dead right now is the activity is spread across a lot of boards plus the current lack of activity only started in October, for some reason largely coinciding with the trouble in Israel/Palestine. I don’t know why when most users are based in the USA, UK and Canada. Add to that, activity on the www part of the site has more than doubled in the same time.

Another big reason is that for a few reasons coming together right now, staff have been busy elsewhere, but now we are all back and keen to see our forums busy and active again. What we set our minds to, we do. :)

Luckily activity in the last few days has been picking back up, if a bit patchy. What we need to do as a community is help make Songstuff the type of community you want it to be. 

Activity BREEDS Activity

There is a lag. Anything from a week to 6 weeks, before such a push sees results (less time for previously busy areas, up to 6 weeks for “new ground”.

I will also add that what people look for from a forum or community has changed. the swap over does always have a dip before the rise. Luckily we have a strong vision and are willing to adapt and incorporate new ideas.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, john said:

Firstly, thanks for bringing this up. I am happy to talk about it. We obviously want our community to improve, so feedback and suggestions are always very welcome.

btw The musician’s lounge is for chat, and there is the chatroom bar. :)

I think the main reason the forums feels so dead right now is the activity is spread across a lot of boards plus the current lack of activity only started in October, for some reason largely coinciding with the trouble in Israel/Palestine. I don’t know why when most users are based in the USA, UK and Canada. Add to that, activity on the www part of the site has more than doubled in the same time.

Another big reason is that for a few reasons coming together right now, staff have been busy elsewhere, but now we are all back and keen to see our forums busy and active again. What we set our minds to, we do. :)

Luckily activity in the last few days has been picking back up, if a bit patchy. What we need to do as a community is help make Songstuff the type of community you want it to be. 

Activity BREEDS Activity

There is a lag. Anything from a week to 6 weeks, before such a push sees results (less time for previously busy areas, up to 6 weeks for “new ground”.

I will also add that what people look for from a forum or community has changed. the swap over does always have a dip before the rise. Luckily we have a strong vision and are willing to adapt and incorporate new ideas.

You are very nice.  I hope you never lose that and that nobody ever tries to abuse your niceness.

I will monitor these forums and post here and there.

Maybe you might add a "deals" section here too.  There's been several times I thought the Cakewalk Forums would just die..They've been down a few times, which worries me.

They have a regular "cclarry" whom posts deals he finds from other sites to that board.  It's primarily for plugin deals, but sometimes you'll see RAM and storage deals.  They got it so well there...I focus to read it daily as I might miss a 24 hour special!

what I'm worried about, is they have years of logs of old deals.. you can search those old deals to get an idea when a company might run that same deal again, just in case you missed it.

It's a great idea to have a deals section here too, but you'll need to incorporate someone with that task.  The rules for deals section is it must be a member post and can not be from the company that is selling the plugins.  You can't post affiliate links or try to make any profit from posting in the Deals area.  It creates a better atmosphere for the deals section of the board.

Best Regards!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, El Diablo Songwriter said:

You are very nice.  I hope you never lose that and that nobody ever tries to abuse your niceness.

Why thank you! Sadly it has already happened. :(

As for your suggestion, I will talk it over with staff. It seems a good idea on the surface but as you say it requires someone to find the deals and post them. That could be a challenge. Staff are already buried with important tasks. Still, where there is a will, there is a way!

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, john said:

Why thank you! Sadly it has already happened. :(

As for your suggestion, I will talk it over with staff. It seems a good idea on the surface but as you say it requires someone to find the deals and post them. That could be a challenge. Staff are already buried with important tasks. Still, where there is a will, there is a way!

Thanks again!

Is "John" the staff?  🧐

2 minutes ago, Peggy said:

I'm Staff and @Mahesh is also :)

Is this a family owned business? 👨👦👨‍👦‍👦👨👧👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👦👨‍👨‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👧👩👦👩‍👦‍👦👩👧👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👦👩‍👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👧‍👧👨‍👩‍👦👨‍👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👩‍👧👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👧👩‍👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👪?

9 minutes ago, El Diablo Songwriter said:

Is this a family owned business? 👨👦👨‍👦‍👦👨👧👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👦👨‍👨‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👧👩👦👩‍👦‍👦👩👧👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👦👩‍👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👧‍👧👨‍👩‍👦👨‍👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👩‍👧👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👧👩‍👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👪?

Nah, we're not family :)  just a group of us that have been working together for quite awhile.  

• Like 2

On 11/15/2023 at 7:35 PM, El Diablo Songwriter said:

I am in Scotland, Peggy is in the USA and Mahesh is in India.