Your Ad Could Be Here

Hullo from Harv.

Guest harv

Guest harv

Hullo everyone!

I'm a UK based pianist, looking to get my songwriting organised. I've been looking for a forum that'll help me with technical tips re basic recording techniques, amongst other things. This forum looks quite busy and friendly!

A bit about me - I play semi-pro 'cocktail' piano (visit www.suaveharv.com - beware!! it's very cheesy but gets me good paying piano work, so stop sniggering! :) )

I've played in bands for years too, rock mostly.

I've got loads of self penned lyrics and music floating around but it's just 'bits and pieces'. I'm hoping interaction with folks here might encourage me to get more organised.

I know a singer (I can't sing for toffee), and I'm hoping to record some original stuff. I enjoy composition, and I'm taking my grade five music theory paper later in the year.

I listen to all kinds of music, but love the 'classic era' of popular song (Gershwin, Cole Perter and that lot!). More modern favourites are Nick Cave, Lou Reed, some Bowie and Dylan . .

I also love fifties Rock & Roll, although I wouldn't want to write that sort of stuff. I reckon you could call my music folk/jazz if anything (isn't it awkward trying to categorise?).

Well, that's it. Hullo again everyone!

Edited by harv

Guest harv
:) Welcome indeed. Where abouts in the UK are you? I'm in Torquay.

Wolverhampton. But I know Torquay well, I have friends there!

And Hi everyone else :thumb23:

Guest harv
Hiya Harv,

Nice spread of style interests you have. Good to have you aboard.

Welcome from Portsmouth

Cheers!

So is this a good place to get advice on recording equipment?

I've got a piano, a singer, a head full of ideas and no way to record any of my stuff apart from a cassette recorder from the ark and a Zoom MRS-4 digital thingie that's so complicated it makes me pull my hair and grind my teeth.

Cheers!

So is this a good place to get advice on recording equipment?

I've got a piano, a singer, a head full of ideas and no way to record any of my stuff apart from a cassette recorder from the ark and a Zoom MRS-4 digital thingie that's so complicated it makes me pull my hair and grind my teeth.

welcome harv..

check out the threads in the other areas,

loads of good ideas floating around...enjoy!!