Your Ad Could Be Here

Song Title Association Game

I thought of "Billy Don't Be A Hero" but couldn't remember who wrote it....From www.wikipedia.org

""Billy Don't Be A Hero" is a 1974 anti-war pop song by Paper Lace and was also recorded by Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods. It was written by Mitch Murray and Peter Callander."

" Chart performances

Paper Lace's version of "Billy Don't Be a Hero" hit number one on the UK singles chart on March 16 1974. The band made plans to release it in America but the song was covered and released by Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods. Their version was rushed out before Paper Lace could release and it hit no 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. on June 15. Subsequently although Paper Lace had the chart-topper in the UK, its version stalled at #96 on the Billboard Hot 100. The Bo Donaldson version failed to chart at all in the UK."

So....

Billy Don't Be A Hero - Mitch Murray and Peter Callander

Edited by McnaughtonPark

There was a band out of Mackinaw Illinois who used to sing a song called "When Surf's Up On The Illinois", I think. I heard them while growing up near Peoria but haven't heard that song in a very long time. Now I can't find them on the web to double check it.

"And we'll be dodging all the beer cans

Keep an eye on the buoy

and we'll be rockin' and a rollin'

when surf's up on the Illinois"

Oh well, maybe I'm losing my mind so how about

Let's Get Drunk and Screw - Jimmy Buffett