Your Ad Could Be Here

Glad To Be Here

• Noob

First of all; hello!

Nice to be here, my name is Mark, or Mukus...... I started out in a band last year called Ten green Bottles, we recorded a few songs......for lots of reasons we split, and now I have started back up again under the name of 'The Meeting'.

Last week I bought a Fostex VF160. Great little machine. Just wondering if there are any sites out there that have some tutorials on it? I mean I have figured out the main things like recording each track and saving them etc etc.

But I need to know the little things too (which I think are quite important).

Like editing the tracks....copying and pasting....deleting after certain positions, and using the effects.

I have the manual but I find it so bloody hard to read and understand.

I also have an external PC sound card, Creative Audigy, cant remember the exact model. At the minute, to get my songs across to the PC I am simple using 1/4" jack to jack connecting to the input on my sound card to the headphone jack on my Fostex and using playback on the Fostex and recording on my PC (if that makes sense).

Am I doing this a stupid way around? Will I lose quality? Should I be using the Midi connections to get my sound across or the optical out?

Man all this is confusing....theres so much I need to learn. Maybe someone can just point out the basics to me before I get too deep into anything.

Also one other question before I go....has anyone had any experience with installing the optional CD-1A to a Fostex VF160? Im pretty sure they are the same connections as a laptop CDRW, but am wondering if this will work if I do install one? The CD-1A go for about £180, but I can pick a laptop cd drive up for £5!!

Anyways, sorry to bombard you on my first post....

Thanks for your help guys.

-Mark

• 1 month later...

Hey there, Mark! [smiley=imu2.gif] Welcome to Songstuff! Im sure youd have much better luck getting help in the recording and equipment sections of the forum. I Hope you enjoy it here and find everything you need. If youve ever got any questions or problems, feel free to ask for help. Take care :)

Peace and Love,

Amanda Hope