Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello

Hello

I have just registered and this is just a brief account of who I am.

I spent a number of years playing guitar in various bands writing original material and trying to get a record deal with no success.

I eventually gave up the bands and decided to refocus. This led to me getting a job, getting married and having children. I didn’t have much to do with music for 6-7 years.

A couple of years ago I got myself a simple recording setup and to my amazement I started writing complete songs. During my time playing with bands all the songs were collaborations. I had been trying to write a complete song for over 20 years and I had lots of ideas, but nothing was ever finished. I had given up and thought I wasn’t capable of writing songs. I now find myself completely enthused with the whole process, writing lyrics, writing music, recording and mixing. I even enjoy listening to my singing although my children do not.

I have about 6 songs recorded and about 4 in the process of being written/recorded. I look forward to receiving feedback (positive and negative) and hopefully I will be able to offer some useful advice to others.

Lee :thumb23:

Thanks for the welcomes

Nightwolf

I have now added my location to my user profile.

I use cubase vst 5.1. My setup is pretty simple; most of the tracks are midi based except guitars, vocals and occaisional harmonica. I don't even have a bass guitar so all the bass lines are midi as well. I have cheap pair of small powered moniters, but I have just discovered har bal. So even though I can't hear the bass I can now see what it is doing.

I can play bass and bit of keyboard and I will try to get a tune out of any instrument including cellos and trumpets but the results aren't always pleasing on the ears.