Your Ad Could Be Here

Professional Etiquette

Exercise is rarely futile [smiley=bounce.gif] [smiley=bounce.gif]

even if it is just an effort to understand

You can choose to do what makes you feel better and what seems fair to you, or you can do "what works"! Your choice guys I've enjoyed the discussion.

If everyone chooses to do that, it will always, be as slothful, indolent, inefficient and unethical an industry as it is now... That would be a pity...

Despite what you say, I have worked in other industries where people do keep their promises, do turn up on time, don't break contracts and don't steal everything that isn't bolted to the ground. Why? Not becuase they are any different or better, simply that they know this kind of behaviour will be grounds for instant dismissal..

Edited by Prometheus

I'm not in a position to cause that to happen right now, are you?

On my own, no... That doesn't mean that it isn't worth thinking about though...

hey

I think that's the point. Keep an open mind. Not all approaches need to be one or the other. The current system may be flawed, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Cheers

John

hey

I think that's the point. Keep an open mind. Not all approaches need to be one or the other. The current system may be flawed, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Cheers

John

Indeed! It is worth noting, incidentally, that children used to be sent down coal mines or up chimneys instead of being sen to school, but ultimately it was decided that this was not reasonable. This started with someone making the decision that they had to speak out against something that was wrong. The same applies to democracy, at one time first the common man and then every woman had to fight for the vote.

I'm not saying that everyone should become Robin Hood, just think about it. We all know that we are being sold a shoddy half baked system that disregards merit in favour of the optimum cut price, the hatchet job. All I would ask of anyone is that they do not put blinkers on and pretend it's good enough...