Your Ad Could Be Here

W32/trojan.czp

need a bit of help here guys keep getting a virus alert but when i scan it comes back with no infected files i know its in system restore so i turned it off did a scan still no joy but still get a pop up from ntl netgurd saying i have on in ---C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{8E1F8FAF-246D-48A5-83E4-6465F1F8F564}\RP118\A0026823.EXE

need a bit of help here guys keep getting a virus alert but when i scan it comes back with no infected files i know its in system restore so i turned it off did a scan still no joy but still get a pop up from ntl netgurd saying i have on in ---C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{8E1F8FAF-246D-48A5-83E4-6465F1F8F564}\RP118\A0026823.EXE

been viewing some dodgy stuff? tsk tsk

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-...czp-help-2.html

Hey

Not being a fan of NTL software, and with no idea when your antivirus tables were updated i would suggest getting McAfee Security Center or something like that. AVG is free, but I'd still go with McAfee.

I know of 2 NTL netguard users who have regularly had viruses they couldn't remove. I have been a McAfee user for years with no infections on my puter so far.

you can also get a free scan at the mcAfee site.

Cheers

John

Personally I've had AVG for anti-virus duties for the past 4-5 years with no probs, P2P is fine if you're careful, keep an eye on the file size (don't download anything under 1mb I would advise - if it claims to be a video and its under that it's almost guranteed to be a virus...). My usual Windoze security setup is:

AVG free, and then Comodo or ZoneAlarm firewalls as they're are both free and still good.

Finally I NEVER use internet explorer... Firefox all the way! If there's a site that needs IE then complain at them! Lol, I'll forgive you if you don;t both to go extreme on that last one, but seriously, IE is less secure than Firefox as Firefox has the update greatness of open source software... Personally I actually delete IE from my computer, but that's cause I'm an anti-Microsoft Nazi!

Good luck, Rohan :)

P.S. Forgot to add to the P2P advice, if downloading archives then scan them with AVG or whatever anti-virus you use BEFORE you unzip it, that way the virus (if there is one) doesn't get out... It's only once you unzip it that it can escape and ruin the computer...

I've used AVG for 5+ years and I've been virus free.

I'd go with what Rohan said about IE, it has more holes than a swiss cheese.

M$ have even tarted it up to look like firefox.

For me, the secret to P2P's is to scan everything that you download before use.

There are a lot of nasty people out there, so you allways have to use protection!