Your Ad Could Be Here

The Seven Deadly Sins Project [I Need 7 Willing Artists]

Hello everybody! TripMX here! I am a fellow artist who's working on a new project called "The Seven Deadly Sins Project", and I need your help!

The 7 Deadly Sins are:

-Avarice [TAKEN] [COMMITTED]

-Sloth [TAKEN] [COMMITTED]

-Gluttony [TAKEN] [COMMITTED]

-Lust [TAKEN] [COMMITTED]

-Pride [TAKEN][COMMITTED]

-Wrath [TAKEN] [COMMITTED]

-Envy [TAKEN] [COMMITTED]

What I need is seven different artists/musicians who are willing to either create or submit an already created original song of theirs that would be related to a specific deadly sin. In return, your music will be promoted during the main events of the project on my Official Website as well as other websites (including FaceBook). In addition, if you have a website/profile page/etc., I will direct link it with your song on my official website as well.

If you are interested in assisting me in this grand collaboration, please PM/IM/message me ASAP.

Submissions are on a first come first serve basis, so if two or more people choose the same 'deadly sin', the first person will be accepted for the submission of THAT particular 'deadly sin'-themed creation, however, I will keep you all updated!

Submission Rules:

1. Please provide your artist/musician name.

2. Please provide your website address or FaceBook (if you have one).

3. Tell me how you want to send me the music file (.mp3,.wav,.m4a, etc.) [either by direct link or via email]

4. Song length should be between 2min [MINIMUM] ~ 5min [MAXIMUM].

5. Song should be submitted/completed before October 1st, 2014.

NOTE: Song could be purely instrumental or instrumental with vocals (either are OK).

I will update this topic as we go! :)

If you have any questions, please let me know! =]

Thank you very much in advance!! ^^

Most Sincerely,

-TripMX

Edited by TripMX

*******THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS PROJECT START!!*******

The Seven Deadly Sins Project Introductory Theme Song RELEASED!

Also, available deadly sins have been updated!  Anyone willing take on the remaining deadly sins? ;)

Hi TripMX, any genre?

just wondering

Lisa

Hi TripMX, any genre?

just wondering

Lisa

Hi Lisa, no genre in particular, just make sure the song corresponds to the chosen deadly sin. :)

Are you interested?  If so, I advise you choose and let me know as soon as possible, as each sin is being 'committed' by other artists VERY quickly.

Edited by TripMX

• 3 weeks later...

Hi TripMX,

Just curious. You seem to be just gathering the first volunteers to your project. No quality control or creative input on your part?

good luck

Rudi

• 3 weeks later...

Hi TripMX,

Just curious. You seem to be just gathering the first volunteers to your project. No quality control or creative input on your part?

good luck

Rudi

Hi Rudi,

There is a set number of prerequisite rules posted in the main post, but of course, I don't want to limit the volunteers' musicality by too much.....and of course, dissonance wouldn't be accepted, haha!  BTW, the deadline for submission is approaching; just in case some of the artists don't submit on-time or opt out, I will be open to more volunteers as backup.

Hello again everyone!!  The deadline for submissions has come to pass, and there is enough content for The Seven Deadly Sins Project NEXT PHASE to initiate!!

rsz_thesevendeadlysinsprojectnextphase_c

WEBSITE UPDATED!
[+Added project page!

Visit my OFFICIAL MUSIC WEBSITE: TripMX ACCESS GET v2!!
^: Find the link to The Seven Deadly Sins Project page!!

I would like to thank everyone again for all of your hard work and generosity!! :D
Edited by TripMX

• 2 weeks later...

*Project Update*

The first 2 of 7 deadly sins have been released on my website! :D

For now, here's one of the released sins:

***You may check out my website's official Seven Deadly Sins Project page for more info and updates!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHcDBDnWSHk

Since I got the impression this was a collaborative project, who's the writer of record for this specific sin?

Unless you wrote it, it might be good to publically credit them for their contribution....don't you think?

Tom

Of course all artists have been credited for their contribution.

1. On the official "The Seven Deadly Sins Project" page on my website.

2. YouTube video description

3. FaceBook

4. In the videos themselves

OK.......then why not go ahead and mention it here?

I don't intend to make a big deal about it, but typically.....if other people are involved in projects, they're credit in the post itself.

If you were the writter, wouldn't you want it that way.....particularly when the contributions were made free of charge?

I leave it up to you.

Tom

It wouldn't hurt to mention them in my posts, and if I were one of the writers, I also wouldn't mind having my credits posted in the forums as well. Despite this information (in glorified form, rather than in a forum post) being only a few clicks away, it wouldn't hurt to add it to the posts. I want people to navigate through my website and explore for themselves; I specially designed my website from scratch to be easy to use and convenient for visitors.

I'll post the credits here as such:

These are the currently released sins thus far:

[1/7] Deadly Sin [ENVY] - music by Midisound | video by TripMX

[2/7] Deadly Sin [GLUTTONY] - music by oldlibmike | video by TripMX

My original plan was to update this thread with new release announcements, as this is a progressive event. In addition, I wanted people to stay tuned (this thread isn't very popular, you see) in the most interesting way possible. I wonder if the official project page would be any more undermined than before with most of the content showing up here in forum post form...I'd say so. Anyway, stay tuned, as I will update this thread as the project continues to unfold.

*Project Update*

3 out of the 7 Deadly Sins have been released on my website! :D

For now, here's another one of the released deadly sins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNXyeXIph7M

[3/7] Deadly Sin [WRATH] - music by Alpha Yui | video by TripMX

***You may check out my website's official Seven Deadly Sins Project page for more info and updates!

Hey man. So far none of the songs have been my cup of tea. But I will say I give you tons of props for coming up with this project and sticking with it. Getting things done is the hardest part of any idea. Kudos to that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey man. So far none of the songs have been my cup of tea. But I will say I give you tons of props for coming up with this project and sticking with it. Getting things done is the hardest part of any idea. Kudos to that.

Haha I understand, and thank you very much! You are right, it does take some dedication to keep these kind of things going....so without further ado:

*Project Update*

4 out of the 7 Deadly Sins have been released on my website! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqAu-_LXaWQ

[4/7] Deadly Sin [AVARICE] - music by Regdar and the Fighters | video by TripMX

• 1 month later...

Hello again everyone and thank you all for your patience!! We have a new release!!

*Project Update*

5 out of the 7 Deadly Sins have been released on my website! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVLnyIAhg-g

[4/7] Deadly Sin [AVARICE] - music by Regdar and the Fighters | video by TripMX

[5/7] Deadly Sin [sLOTH] - music by Apollo Justice | video by TripMX

Edited by TripMX

• 2 weeks later...

Hello yet again everyone!!  I welcome you all to the next deadly sin release!

*Project Update*
6 out of the 7 Deadly Sins have been released on my website!  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZbHt0PF39A

[1/7] Deadly Sin [ENVY] - music by Midisound | video by TripMX
[2/7] Deadly Sin [GLUTTONY] - music by oldlibmike | video by TripMX
[3/7] Deadly Sin [WRATH] - music by Alpha Yui | video by TripMX
[4/7] Deadly Sin [AVARICE] - music by Regdar and the Fighters | video by TripMX
[5/7] Deadly Sin [sLOTH] - music by Apollo Justice | video by TripMX

[6/7] Deadly Sin [LUST] - music by Maarten Schalley | video by TripMX

***You may check out my website's official Seven Deadly Sins Project page for more info and updates!

Edited by TripMX

Hello yet again everyone!!  I welcome you all to the last deadly sin release!

*FINAL Project Update!!*
7 out of the 7 Deadly Sins have been released on my website!   :D
Here's another one of the released deadly sins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1NCklPUa9w

ALL SEVEN DEADLY SINS RELEASED:
[1/7] Deadly Sin [ENVY] - music by Midisound | video by TripMX
[2/7] Deadly Sin [GLUTTONY] - music by oldlibmike | video by TripMX
[3/7] Deadly Sin [WRATH] - music by Alpha Yui | video by TripMX
[4/7] Deadly Sin [AVARICE] - music by Regdar and the Fighters | video by TripMX
[5/7] Deadly Sin [sLOTH] - music by Apollo Justice | video by TripMX

[6/7] Deadly Sin [LUST] - music by Maarten Schalley | video by TripMX

[7/7] Deadly Sin [PRIDE] - music by Scott A. Whitaker | video by TripMX

***You may check out my website's official Seven Deadly Sins Project page for more info and to watch all 7 Deadly Sin releases!

• 2 weeks later...

***The Seven Deadly Sins Project COMPLETE***

rsz_1sevendsend_best_75percent_zps64d319

I would first like to thank everyone that participated in this project, everyone has done an outstanding job!!  The various music from various artists from around various areas in the world is just such a wonderful concept to explore!  We don't have to be famous or popular to be known or appreciated, and that's what this project was mainly aimed for---us! :D

To close this project, I present to you all the ENDING song of The Seven Deadly Sins Project:

Persecution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMzX-vwGLuE

^: This also marks my first song of 2015, xD!

IN ADDITION: Redemption (intro theme song for The Seven Deadly Sins Project) that was released last year exclusively on YouTube is now also available on my SoundCloud in higher quality!!

My Personal Thoughts about the 7 Songs:
(I've listened to them all each over a dozen times, haha!)

MidiSound's ENVY:
-The song totally gives me the feeling of something ominous is going to happen, and in the case of envy, it was a perfect match!

oldlibmike's GLUTTONY:
-Hahaha, the song reminds me of chilling out and relaxing in a nice comfortable place, and the song complements gluttony on all levels.  Like professional lounge and it makes me hungry too! xD

Alpha Yui's WRATH:
-This song encompasses the deadly sin 'wrath' as if the creator was somehow tied to the deadly sin while making the song, thus giving an extremely close resemblance to true feeling of wrath!  It's very very good!

Regdar and the Fighters' AVARICE:
-This song is called 'Tomb Raider', and the lyrics and sound certainly lives up to what can be deemed 'avarice', or greedy.  I like this song quite a bit, and I can feel the rustic originality as well!

Apollo Justice's SLOTH:
-You can tell that this song was written exclusively in direct correlation to all sloth activity in the world, haha!  The sound is both deep and intense, and it captures the sloth...personified!  This song IS sloth reincarnate!

Maarten Schalley's LUST:
-This song is the original masterpiece by Maarten given exclusively to me for use with this project!  The song captures lust in its purest form, and the original guitar solo warms the atmosphere to a level that even the deadly sin itself couldn't reach!

Scott A. Whitaker's PRIDE:
-The creation of this song is actually the most complicated process of elimination that I've encountered thus far!  The song was originally made with another purpose in mind, but it turned out to be a great selection for the deadly sin pride because I felt it when I listened to it.  This song also has a sort of medieval feeling involved as well, which is certainly great!!  Also, thanks to Scott for also uploading the song to SoundCloud, as YouTube will almost always take away a bit of quality from our uploads. :)

Thank you all very much and thank you all for viewing and listening! :D
Edited by TripMX