Your Ad Could Be Here

Song Title Association Game

5 minutes ago, MonoStone said:

The absolutely brilliant...

Forest Families - The Knife

'Dek - you should do some music like this.... The Knife have a big following and that style is in vogue at the moment and has been for a while.

Just now, Richard Tracey said:

Dek - you should do some music like this.... The Knife have a big following and that style is in vogue at the moment and has been for a while.

Sounds easy doesn't it? Lol...  it's not...I've tried.

I know, I have a lot of their albums...I think they've split up now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MonoStone said:

Sounds easy doesn't it? Lol...  it's not...I've tried.

I know, I have a lot of their albums...I think they've split up now.

'Have they? - I knew she was doing some solo stuff, but didn't think they had officially split up.

You need to change DAW - Abelton will help with this kind of music as this is what it is geared more towards. I have the Maschine Mikro and Maschine Jam from Native Instruments and they do packs where you can get all the sounds that would be used in this type of music.

We should collaborate on something like this and get Gry to sing it;)

6 minutes ago, Richard Tracey said:

You need to change DAW - Abelton will help with this kind of music as this is what it is geared more towards

Getting the sounds isn't a problem, well... they spend a lot of time developing their own synth sounds rather than out of the box so it's a factor...but the issue is writing great songs in that style, without copying, they write great pop songs with a really unusual twist. Their songs crossover to acoustic anyway, as proven by Jose Gonzalez cover of their 'Heartbeats' ... the synth sounds are really the least of the problem ;)  

2 minutes ago, MonoStone said:

Getting the sounds isn't a problem, well... they spend a lot of time developing their own synth sounds rather than out of the box so it's a factor...but the issue is writing great songs in that style, without copying, they write great pop songs with a really unusual twist. Their songs crossover to acoustic anyway, as proven by Jose Gonzalez cover of their 'Heartbeats' ... the synth sounds are really the least of the problem ;)  

'They'll also be using vintage synths and tweaking them.

I might have a go at something, see what I can do.

8 minutes ago, Richard Tracey said:

They'll also be using vintage synths and tweaking them.

Probably.

What I mean is, it all comes down to songs. That's one reason I posted the Vince Clarke interview on another thread...different artist but no doubt influenced them and most synth pop artists. Vince writes all his songs on an acoustic guitar. Getting some nice synth sounds is the easy bit. Writing melodies like The Knife is harder than it seems, without just straight up copying...partly down to where they're from too I imagine...and her strange voice... anyway, getting a bit off the topic of song titles aren't we lol ... I better stop.

Edited by MonoStone

I'll get it back on track linking...  with another HUGE favourite band of mine... and a great example of making it in the biz on your own terms!

Paper Monkeys / Ozric Tentacles 

Bear Cat - Rufus Thomas Jr.

Robert Johnson - Crossroads