camel- stationary traveller

The Beatles - Paperback Writer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmVwo2DxkGg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 3/13/2017 at 1:48 PM, scotsman89 said:

camel- stationary traveller

Ah, Scots...

I'm just guessing here, but I'd say (following a rather large leap of imagination)... "forms of transportation"? Or, even further out on an exploratory limb... "stationary travel(ler)" links in some way to "wreck"...??? Now that I write it out like that, that second one would actually be quite clever, if that was your intent. The sunken wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald would, without doubt, qualify as a "stationary" form of transportation. I mean, it being broken into two pieces and on the bottom of Lake Erie and all.

Scots, I honestly think you are trying valiantly to adhere to the spirit of the game, and to the instructions that you have been given by myself and others. All I will say here is that your interpretation of what constitutes a "direct" link is... curious. Also, one small suggestion; perhaps you are trying just a bit too hard to come up with a clever post. Even the most crafty poster among us (which would, imho, be the mighty Rudi), drops a basic post in now and then... sometimes several. This has the effect of not only allowing him to concentrate his powers on one, really sensationally clever post, but also throws off his competitors by making them wonder when his next nefarious and fiendishly clever post is coming.

Going forward, one thing is for certain, I believe. We can expect unusual and interesting posts from brother Scotsman89.

Edited by RobAsh15

Posted (edited)

Rob I like your thinking so much better than my own - my thoughts are way simpler  - the Edmund Fitzgerald  ( a great song ) is a ship.     The camel - the SHIP of the desert , nothing complicated .    yes transportation

Rudis last port the band - the weight - almost caught me - LIGHT    WEIGHT , i am thinking  

Edited by scotsman89

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, scotsman89 said:

Rudis last port the band - the weight - almost caught me - LIGHT    WEIGHT , i am thinking

I am not Rudi's publicist, nor am I his cheerleader. Just a friend and admirer. Aside from all that, he does play this game well. I had to stop and think about it for a minute, but yes, I think that is precisely the connection. A good follow up post to that might be something like; "Heavy Metal" by Sammy Hagar. Someone reading all three posts might have a hard time figuring out the associations, even thought they are fairly straightforward.

I am not faulting your enthusiasm, Scots. Just trying to maintain an equilibrium in the game we have preserved for a decade now, believe it or not. I've never participated in a thread, or a game like this, ever, that lasted half as long. I joined the game 6 years ago now.

Once again allow me to suggest you make a few more of the more basic types of response... not because that is all you are capable of, bit to give you the opportunity to develop a feel for the game. The cleverness of Rudi's responses lies directly in line with the fact that they are, at their core, rather straightforward. He makes a direct link, but makes it hard to see. Better, and more clever by far, than a link that is, by it's nature, odd, tangential or esoteric.

Edited by RobAsh15

Posted (edited)

easy one to paperback writer LOL

words don't come  so easily-Lower Than Atlantis

Edited by scotsman89

I’m Gonna Arrive - Selena Gomez

A Song For Departure - Manic Street Preachers

Just Dream - Carol Decker 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hok1cA6CZnk

The Dream - Culture Club

Antisocial - Antrax

Love Is A Social Disease - Bon Jovi