Your Ad Could Be Here

Introduction

yann

Hi everybody,

my name's Yann and I'm French, so it's quite a challenge for me to write lyrics in English. I'll try my best to share the bits of knowledge that are mine, and I'm sure you're in the same frame of mind. This wonderful craft - songwriting - is all about communication, so let's communicate.

Bye for now, take care,

Yann

Hello John,

how are you doing?

I don't want to be a Frenchie, though. I've got this ambition to be able to write (eventually) songs in English that English-speaking people can easily relate to. So don't hesitate to point to my flaws: when it's not clear or/and when it's not good, I ask you to be honest and totally forget about my being not English.

Take care,

Yann

Hello Steve,

Thanks for being the first welcoming me. I listen to every style of music, but I think the lyrics I write are mostly pop-rock (I'm not sure, I need opinions about this).

What about you?

I've been going through a lull in my creativity at the moment! Didn't write anything for the past two years! Until this past January when I wrote a few lyrics. Judge for yourself if you like. :)

Hello Yann, it's good to have you with us. From what I've seen so far, your English is quite good and I'll look forward to seeing your lyrics. Don't be afraid of your perspective as a Frenchman though, as it might give a freshness to your music. Just a thought I had. :) All the best!

Hi AnneC,

thanks for your welcoming post.

I've already posted an example of my worst lyrics, entitled "Game over", to be criticised harshly.

In a few days, I'll post other songs, which I think are better. Well, in my opinion ... Tell me what you think.

Cheers,

Yann