Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi Guys!

louis

Hey everyone!

I'm glad i found this forum, there seems to be a lot of experienced musicians here!

I'm gonna keep it short, basically i'm 25 from Montreal, Canada, been in garage punk bands since i was 17 or so until recently i decided i wanted to do something that more people could enjoy..(not just teenagers) So this summer i went to LA for 3 months and took voice lessons with Dave Stroud (very very good, i recommend) and i went to a kind of summer camp where i got to meet people that worked for Madonna, Justin Timberlake, Michael Jackson, A&R reps, producers, people teaching performance, songwriting, and a bunch of stuff.. it was an incredible experience!

My main revelation was to meet a guy named Loren Israel who is the A&R director for Capitol Records. He critiqued our songs, made us analyze hits, and told us a bunch of information on how to be successful in the business... To him, the key to be successfull was simply to work hard. He said that songs can come to you in the morning when you wake up and 30 minutes later your song is finished, but most of the time you just have to work hard at it, and he said that if it's true you are serious about making it in the music industry, you should write at least 1 song a week.

And that's when i decided to start a blog and post a weekly song.. I'm now on week 7 so if you want to check it out and send me some comments please do!

http://www.52songstoglory.com

I'll see you in the songwriting boards!

Louis

• 2 weeks later...